Oversized Fram Ultra XG6607

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter seems to always be out of stock, do you guys happen to know an ULTRA that meets the specs for XG6607?

Product Type ULTRA/Xtended Guard Premium Lube Filter
Anti-Drain Valve YES
Gasket I.D. 2.27"
Gasket O.D. 2.53"
Gasket Thickness .2"
Gasket Usage Base
Product Height 2.63"
Product I.D. 20mmx1.5mm Th'd
Product O.D. 2.69"
Relief Valve Setting PSI 13

Thank you and I do realize that!
But, I don't think that it's much different than comparing 2, 3 or 4 different filters for the same application, from different filter manufactures.

What vehicle/engine are you using this on? Mine is for the Altima in my signature.

Last edited:
Did I try what?
smile.gif

The larger filter?

Yes, over the years, I have used several different filters on the Altima. From Purolator, Fram, Wix/Napa, Champion Labs etc., all different sizes!

They all work fine and fit on my application. And the gaskets were all the same size even if the actual measurements show to be slightly different. I can't answer for you Mazda 3!

What year is your Mazda 3? Ours takes the FRAM 3614 or the larger 3600. Or Purolator 10241(not aware of a larger size in Purolator...#24457 is discontinued)

Last edited:
Fram 6607 oversize is Fram 7317,
(Purolator 14610)

Fram 3614 oversize is Fram 3600,
(Purolator 20195)

Same base, same bypass pressure,
just a third longer for the oversized...

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Fram 6607 oversize is Fram 7317,
(Purolator 14610)

Yep, from all my research on filters for the Altima, the 7317 and 14610 size is the "over sized" filters ... not going to do any better IMO. That size is more than adequate for a 3.5L V6 or smaller.

In fact, the 14610 has just as much media area as the PureOne size used on the 5.7L V8 engine in the Vette.

Mazda RX8 with its front/mid-engine design may be the application that restricts the size of the 6607.

The filter fits atop the rear of the little rotary essentially under the firewall.

But in spite of its dimunitive size, the Ultra XG6607 should be more that adequate for a 15,000 mile OCI on your vehicle.

Another option is the Bosch D+ 3300. It's got a lot of media for dirt storage and still maintains the compact size.

Judging an oil filter by its exterior size may be misleading. It's the amount and quality of the media in the can.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Mazda RX8 with its front/mid-engine design may be the application that restricts the size of the 6607.

The filter fits atop the rear of the little rotary essentially under the firewall.

But in spite of its dimunitive size, the Ultra XG6607 should be more that adequate for a 15,000 mile OCI on your vehicle.

Another option is the Bosch D+ 3300. It's got a lot of media for dirt storage and still maintains the compact size.

Judging an oil filter by its exterior size may be misleading. It's the amount and quality of the media in the can.

I cannot run 15k cuz of bad weather (lots of cold start) , I will be doing 5-6k cuz of DI engine. Price wise I do not care as cheap filters are just $2-$3 less for 5K

I have couple inches of clearance as it is pointing downwards

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Did I try what?
smile.gif

The larger filter?

Yes, over the years, I have used several different filters on the Altima. From Purolator, Fram, Wix/Napa, Champion Labs etc., all different sizes!

They all work fine and fit on my application. And the gaskets were all the same size even if the actual measurements show to be slightly different. I can't answer for you Mazda 3!

What year is your Mazda 3? Ours takes the FRAM 3614 or the larger 3600. Or Purolator 10241(not aware of a larger size in Purolator...#24457 is discontinued)

Mazda 3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back