headlights on f150

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,Have 2002 ford truck headlights foggy oxidation no water leaks.What is the best way to get oxidation off and easiest.Was at Walmart and saw about four different brands from $16.00 to $6.00 what would you recommend?

The 3M drill powered kit worked well for me. I have also just wet-sanded. Both ways had good results. Having a drill do all the work is way easier.

The 3M kit for the drill works great, the problem is once you sand everything off you have no UV protection, so they will re haze amazingly fast.

Not sure what is the best UV protection but might want to look into it.

If you decide to replace the assembly, make sure you get genuine parts from the dealership or authorized parts dealer, all the aftermarket replacement housings are un safe junk.

Before spending money on the kits, try using toothpaste. It does work, some turn out better than others, but there is nothing to lose by giving it a shot. All you do is put some toothpaste on a dry rag and rub it in the surface of the lens, try to go with the grain of any patterns in the lens, then use water to rinse. Repeat the procedure if needed. Follow up with any good yellow carnauba wax. There are a lot of you tube videos for the toothpaste treatment. I tried it on my Dakota, it did help a lot but YMMV.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The 3M kit for the drill works great, the problem is once you sand everything off you have no UV protection, so they will re haze amazingly fast.

Not sure what is the best UV protection but might want to look into it.

If you decide to replace the assembly, make sure you get genuine parts from the dealership or authorized parts dealer, all the aftermarket replacement housings are un safe junk.

A good double coat of 303 every few months does the trick. Or collinite insulator wax followed up by 303.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back