Rare BMW M found on the street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone said the design increases chassis rigidity. Even if it did, I would still accept the loss and drive a regular M3 Coupe.

I never liked the look of that car, and clearly few other people did as well.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
1 of 21 BMW M Coupe made in Phoenix Yellow.
Yes, I remember one driven around San Diego when it was new but it was Dakar Yellow. About 2001, when they got the later motor with around 315 hp.
I've wanted one for years but the time was never right and they are too far out of date now. If I recall new they were US$50k, used around 30k with the older E38's M3 motor.
He probably parked away from the curb by habit because the rims are so easily damaged.

In HS a teacher had one when they were pretty new, in Silver. Not a very good looking car but I guess they drive well.

Ok so he was carrying an elderly passenger that's why he parked so far off the curb. Still I would be scared of getting sideswiped.

I also like hatchbacks, but that is the ugliest BMW. You don't see many on the streets anymore. Sorry, but it looks like it mated with a Pacer.

I will say its unique. Almost like a custom job. I actually like it because it is rare. It does look better in darker colors like black or gun metal, the blue is also decent.

That yellow puke color makes any car look vomitous.

The color reminds me of my 1yr old's diaper I changed this morning.....

Seriously the car looks better in so many other colors. There are a few around here like this.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
An ugly car in an ugly color.
It's rare because not too many people would have paid BMW money to have been seen in this car.
What was BMW thinking?

I like it? LOL!
grin.gif

So do I. It's got a nice stance and I bet it handles great.

Here are the color options from my BMW of N-A 1999 brochure. I've never seen one in white or the two "greens" but among the other colors blue looks best, IMO.

0edfcb30-ba8e-4270-9316-d96936bae2f2_zpszirhxm5q.jpg

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
An ugly car in an ugly color.
It's rare because not too many people would have paid BMW money to have been seen in this car.
What was BMW thinking?

The same as the dude that designed the 5th-generation Honda Civic hatchback? That being: "The world needs more cars that look like shoes."

Originally Posted By: hillclimber
That car is just ugly enough to be loveable. Any car in yellow, however, is awful. I'm sure there is some exception but this isn't it.

116176_Front_3-4_Web.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back