Would anyone buy a Mazda Millenia w Miller cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone buy a Mazda Millenia with the Miller cycle engine. (45,000 mile car)
Asking only from a repair cost/pain in the A$$ standpoint.

Yes...I was not sure I wanted it with that $1000 turbo (that seem hard to find) for my 18 year old but thought at 2000 my risk was having another 1000 in it for 3000.
I'm OK with that.
The owner at 3700 may not be OK with having 4700 into it.
As you drive them, they go from being a show piece, to an old piece of sheet with a young kid.

Last edited:
What benefit is this cycle? I looked at Wiki and it seems it needs a Roots on it and the intake valve only closes one cycle? Is Mazda just having fun, like with the rotary ( of which ive owned two: an 85 & 87)

Originally Posted By: Danno
Sounds like you got esniped.

No, no esniped for this bidding.

The closing bit was 17:50:37 PDT and winner's maximum bid was more than $3550 at 15:17:02 PDT more than 2 hours before end time.

Looking bid history with automatic bid on, you will see who bids what amount. There is 1 possible esnipe for $3,500 at 17:50:35 PDT only 2 seconds before the end time.

The Miller Cycle engines were pretty cool, as long as they were running and under warranty. We had like 3 techs who would work on them, and they loved seeing one come in with misfires and oil leaks. The parts are expensive and labor times are high. They fall into the same category as a Lincoln LS, where people pick them up for cheap and then spend more than the door price fixing them.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The Miller Cycle engines were pretty cool, as long as they were running and under warranty. We had like 3 techs who would work on them, and they loved seeing one come in with misfires and oil leaks. The parts are expensive and labor times are high. They fall into the same category as a Lincoln LS, where people pick them up for cheap and then spend more than the door price fixing them.

Good to know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back