Motorcraft oil users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. How many of you that use Motorcraft synthetic blend oil use it beyond say 7,500 miles? I was wondering as i read that it is a good Conocco Phillips product made for Ford to their specs. Also read that some people seem to think its like a WPP oil, which is amazing, but oh well I digress. I have it in the 11' Focus at the present with a TG-3614 filter. Thanks in advance, and to me it seems like a waste to run this oil to 7,500 miles, thats just me

i actually just bought a tg-3614 for a non ford application
i have never used motorcraft oil but have been told its conocco philips
i personally do not believe in extended oci
i have always changed oil 3,000 miles always will

Jacky, in the U.S.A. it is Conocco Phillips, but in Canada I believe Exxon-Mobil makes it. If FORD puts in my owners manual 7,500 miles thats what I will do.

my owners manual says 3.000 for severe service , all my trips are under 5 miles
i know people on here prefer longer oci
but nearly all garages here have signs sayin 3 month or 3,000 miles
even the oil change sticker on my car says that
i have been driving for 25 years and always did 3,000 oci
my car is the most expensive thing ii own

I would not even think about 7500 miles unless it was all highway driving. And I would suggest using the motorcraft "full" synthetic as well for going 7500 miles on an OCI. After warranty is out I would suggest either Mobil one, Pennzoil platinum and or quaker state full synthetic. Valvoline synpower is another good choice too. A good number of very good products to choose from these days.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I would not even think about 7500 miles unless it was all highway driving. And I would suggest using the motorcraft "full" synthetic as well for going 7500 miles on an OCI. After warranty is out I would suggest either Mobil one, Pennzoil platinum and or quaker state full synthetic. Valvoline synpower is another good choice too. A good number of very good products to choose from these days.

+1 If you go 7500 oci might as well use syn. QS, NAPA, Supertech syns all only $2 or so more than Motorcraft blend.

Well, try finding MC synthetic at Advance Auto, Autozone, or Napa auto parts. Please tell me why not 7,500 miles when it says for normal service in my 2011 Focus owners manual? I drive 25 miles highway everyday, and maybe 1 mile off highway to my house.

it would take me over 2 years to drive 7,500
i drive everyday but i live in town and have everything i need nearby

Ahh 7500 is a while on a a oil change run.. And I don't care if my car manual said I could do that too .. I would change it before than in general. But if you are going to go that long then a full synthetic is a good choice. Also some other car manufacturers pushed long intervals only to change them back to a shorter one. Maybe not 3k miles but not 10k either. Again 7500 is doable with highway driving and a good full synthetic. Not a good idea for stop and go driving like I have in my area.

Originally Posted By: car51
Well, try finding MC synthetic at Advance Auto, Autozone, or Napa auto parts. Please tell me why not 7,500 miles when it says for normal service in my 2011 Focus owners manual? I drive 25 miles highway everyday, and maybe 1 mile off highway to my house.
Please take jacky's advice like a grain of salt.

7,500 miles would be a perfect OCI for you and Motorcraft Synthetic Blend is certainly up to the task, Ford even specs it for 10k mile OCIs.

Thats very interesting as I have a friend that works at a place where they follow the 7,500 miles for FORD, 6,500 for GM vehicles. I guess then that TIG1 is totally wrong in what he is doing: 10k on M1 0W20 huh? I dont honestly believe that statement either: "7,500 miles is a while on a oil change run" sorry I dont buy that statement, as I have talked to other folks that have fords and do 6-7k on MC synblend and PYB, QS conventional oils.

NICK1994, I am taking both jacky and bbhero's statements very lightly. If that is true NICK1994 about FORD spec'ing it for 10k oci's I wonder why some folks think 7 or 7.5k oci is too long :0)

Oil change stickers are marketing tools.

Not sure how a 3K suggestion for 'every car' can be made when sump size, type of driving, mfg suggested OCI are casually thrown out the window.

3K is appropriate safe interval for a car driven 2 miles @ a time in jacky's case. If we extend the courtesy of acknowledging a circumstance may warrant a 3K OCI, we certainly can request the reciprocal courtesy of recognition that other driving patterns may warrant a much longer one.

I would do the 7500.

Last edited:
Well it is all what we think is best.. I have run Castrol with titanium and changed it q 4k miles. Now I am very well aware that def overkill. But I wanted to do it that way. I also ran Pennzoil Ultra and changed it every 4k to 5k miles too. But if someone drives in town a lot then I would shorten the OCI a bit. 5k to 6k max in my opinion. And again.. Other car makers starting pushing longer OCI and realized they were having issue . So they made adjustments to their maintenance schedules. How about sending off a used oil sample to Blackstone after 7500 miles to see where the oil really is? That's the best way to really get a straight forward answer. And I would bet 7500 in city driving with a semi synthetic oil the result might well not be all too great. But heck, who knows it could be all right too.. Odds would be against that but hey we never know totally
smile.gif
at least at this moment.

Well it is all what we think is best.. I have run Castrol with titanium and changed it q 4k miles. Now I am very well aware that def overkill. But I wanted to do it that way. I also ran Pennzoil Ultra and changed it every 4k to 5k miles too. But if someone drives in town a lot then I would shorten the OCI a bit. 5k to 6k max in my opinion. And again.. Other car makers starting pushing longer OCI and realized they were having issue . So they made adjustments to their maintenance schedules. How about sending off a used oil sample to Blackstone after 7500 miles to see where the oil really is? That's the best way to really get a straight forward answer. And I would bet 7500 in city driving with a semi synthetic oil the result might well not be all too great. But heck, who knows it could be all right too.. Odds would be against that but hey we never know totally
smile.gif
at least at this moment.

I'll stick with Simple_Gifts advice and go 7,500 miles thanks
smile.gif
I'll trust my fords owners manual, as I am not on "severe service schedule" by the way. Direct injection engines would be where 4-5k oci's would be ok

We will see who has their car last the longest without any motor issues . . I bet not changing the oil in city driving but every 7500 miles is not going to give good results in the long run. And I am not suggesting changing it every 3k miles either. Just it is varied upon your circumstance. Live in the plains wide open highway.. Sure go 7500 heck maybe 10k.. But live in town and maybe 5k to 6k would be a better thought. How about sending off a used oil sample to Blackstone after 7500 miles of city driving with a semi synthetic? I bet the results will not be all that great. A strong full synthetic could manage that but don't believe just because on the bottle something says you can go 15k miles... Not a real good idea. Test it half way and see where that's at before "believing" a bottle. Or what some person no matter who they are tells you. A test won't mince words or tell you what you would like to hear. Again, everyone needs to make their own decisions based on their own circumstance. It is not a one size fits all affair. I certainly would agree with anyone on that
smile.gif

Thats funny, as you just joined this site yesterday and think I will have motor trouble. Thats too much LOL! Thanks for the laugh
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back