Your Dinner Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aa1986
I've been to Yank Sing a couple of times. Wonderful but expensive.

Yank Sing is pretty god. Don't remeber the damages.

Yesterday I had a pork cutlet on rice with a potato croquette and curry. Tonight I'm cooking an herb-lemon chicken fricassée.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Man, I hate your pictures. I just finish my dinner and now I am drooling !

What did you eat? I kind of thought this thread was to serve as inspiration of what to eat. After some time it all becomes necessarily somewhat repetitive.

"What do you want for dinner today?"
"Chicken!"
"We had that yesterday."
"Pork then!"
"You had pork for lunch."
"I don't care. I want more pork!"
"How about beef?"
"Fine by me!"
"Alright, we'll have chicken."

hotwheels

Tacos....
Start with Laura's Lean Ground beef, 93%, (yellow stripe on label)...
Put in pan with two tablespoons water, cover with tight lid, heat on medium low for 10 minutes. You want to steam the beef, not fry it. 93% has very little fat...

Add Mrs Dash Taco seasoning packet, tablespoon dried onion, tablespoon Mrs Dash Spicy seasoning, and a bag of Birdseye Southwest vegetables, (chilies, poblanos, corn, onions)...
Heat 5 minutes...

Spoon into tacos with your choice of additions. I used Kroger Ranch flavored hard taco shells, Montery Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, lettuce, and low fat sour cream.

Turkey meat can be used, but it's not as good. Still tasty, however...

Low salt, low fat...

Last edited:
Yesterday evening I went to a new food venue behind the Giants' ballpark called the Yard at Mission Rock. The Yard is right at the edge of the ballpark's parking lot after you cross the Lefty O'Doul Bridge. The place has BBQ and food trucks and some shipping containers that have been stacked and converted into a couple shops. I bought an excellent Filipino-style burrito from Señor Sisig's food truck and a flipped chicken sandwich from the Proposition Chicken food truck, and I got an Anchor Steam brew. I'll definitely go back there during baseball season. I can't wait for April to come around!

hotwheels

I just had bun, five spice chicken and imperial rolls on cold noodles at Perilla, because it was a rather warm day today. Afterwards I strolled into Golden Gate Park and bought ice-cream from a Twirl and Dip van next to the arboretum. Judging by the prices, this ice-cream is made from unicorn milk. If you plan on visiting SF, see the convenient Google map of the area below, including what's in walking distance.

hotwheels

Nice, hotwheels. We want to come to SF sometime this year if possible & am looking forward to the markets & cooked food!

My Wife is Cambodian and her cooking is about the best of all Asians that try hers. Honest, she works with very many and they rave about my wife's cooking. Egg Rolls: she hand chops all the meat by herself, for an extended time and adds all the best ingredients. She buys the best Fish Sauce, adds a little white vinegar, sugar, hot pepper flakes & tiny garlic. It's truly unbelievable.

Here is a pic:

ixfsbk.jpg

My girls and I love egg rolls, the sauce needs a lot more hot/chilli pepper. Looking at your egg rolls my mouth is watering like crazy !

Three ribeyes,some smoked sausage,a baked potato dripping with butter and cheese,and an ice cold Corona :^)

Originally Posted By: Turk
Nice, hotwheels. We want to come to SF sometime this year if possible & am looking forward to the markets & cooked food!

My Wife is Cambodian and her cooking is about the best of all Asians that try hers. Honest, she works with very many and they rave about my wife's cooking. Egg Rolls: she hand chops all the meat by herself, for an extended time and adds all the best ingredients. She buys the best Fish Sauce, adds a little white vinegar, sugar, hot pepper flakes & tiny garlic. It's truly unbelievable.

Here is a pic:

ixfsbk.jpg

Turk,that looks GOOD!!!!!!
20.gif
I love how browned and crispy they look!! So when are you going to invite me over for dinner?
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back