Impact Wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at picking up a new impact wrench. I'm at a toss up between two aircat models, the 1150 and the 1250. Anyone here have either of the two? Never been a big fan of IR's or CP's. I currently have a Nitrocat which is made by Aircat and I really like it, just need more nut than it's capable of.

The 1150 is the one to buy for automotive work. It uses a double hammer, the 1250 uses a pin and clutch which is a PITA for anything but industrial uses on large diameter bolts.
I have the 1150 and it out powers my sorry old IR 2135TiMAX, the parts don't fall off either.
I agree i hate that friggin IR, its an overrated gutless wonder if there ever was one.

Originally Posted By: Donald
What about a 3/4"? If you are only looking at pure ft-lbs, then its probably cheaper to go with a 3/4" than the highest capacity 1/2".

Tool itself is more compact and lighter, and I already have all the 1/2 sockets I need and don't want to buy 3/4 stuff.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Which one would you recommend in 3/8 size please? A BD present for my mechanic..

AIRCAT 1300-TH conventional twin hammer or the IR 3/8 Hammerhead if your looking for a really useful angle impact tool.

Thank you. Any other alternatives just in case? He is full of SnapOn propaganda
smile.gif

Well his snap on impacts are made by Chicago Pneumatic, can probably get the equivalent gun from CP for half the price of Snap On.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back