Glock 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen one in person or held it or fired it? Any opinions vs other single stack 9mm, specifically a m&p shield? I'm interested in maybe getting one but just got a shield last year so if it's not as good or better than the shield in the hand and reliability wise i probably may skip or wait for any kinks to get worked out like when the gen 4 came out.

You mean 42?

Handled it at my LGS. Nice feel. Typical Glock ergonomics. Will rent it one of these days, to know before I buy...

Info just released in the last day or two. It's a single stack 9mm that people have been asking for, well, forever.

G43-Left1.jpg

I'd been waiting for the single stack 9mm! I think they just announced it or it was leaked a couple days ago.

I haven't shot it, but I would imagine the ergonomics to be very similar to the G42.

I haven't compared dimensions, but I know the 42 is a bit bigger than most pocket 380s, so I'm guessing the 43 is also bigger than most other pocket 9s. The G42 seemed big compared to something like a Kahr model. The bigger Glock might be more comfortable to shoot though.

I would love to see one but would wait just a bit for any issues to be worked out before buying. I think the G42 is cute as heck but do not want to add another caliber to my arsenal so the 9mm G43 may be just the ticket. Today is supposed to be the formal announcement.

Shorter height than Shield (0.35"), but only 6+1 capacity vs. 7+1/8+1 for Shield. It's longer than the Shield (6.26" vs. 6.10") and a hair wider as well (1.02" vs. 0.95"). Definitely lighter (16.19 oz. vs 19.00 oz.). One of the Shield's strengths is how pleasant it is to shoot for a small gun. It'll be fun to see how the Glock fares.

I suspect that this Glock will be very hard to find for a good long while.

It looks like it's already listed on galleryofguns but no stock yet, just "allocated". MSRP is $580, that's $100 over the 42 and $130 over the msrp for the m&p shield.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wkcars
Has anyone seen one in person or held it or fired it?

They haven't been released yet. Once the frenzy dies down, I'll take a look at one.

Originally Posted By: wkcars
It looks like it's already listed on galleryofguns but no stock yet, just "allocated". MSRP is $580, that's $100 over the 42 and $130 over the msrp for the m&p shield.

Man...that's a stiff premium. I'll bet the gun sells for MORE than MSRP for a little while. Sort of reminds me of a certain cell phone brand...
smile.gif

This will be unobtanium for two years at least. The 42 .380 was extremly hard to find and this gun will be 5 times as popular.

Considering that they have redesigned the .380 and .380 magazine several times already to fix problems, I definately wont be buying one of these until they have been on the market for quite a while.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Considering that they have redesigned the .380 and .380 magazine several times already to fix problems, I definately wont be buying one of these until they have been on the market for quite a while.

I had the same thought but I'd also guess they learned a LOT from the .380 go round, I'd bet these are problem free from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back