Kreen cleaning-wait for a trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys...if I wanted to do a Kreen cleaning on a vehicle, is it a better idea to add it to the oil (and maybe gas...voices here don't seem to be as sold on its benefits in the gas)does it matter how the vehicle will be driven afterward during the "cleaning process"? Is it better to put a quick 1,000 miles of higher speed freeway driving on a trip or wait until returned and add it which means the vehicle will see a mix of stop-and-go and some 60 mph highway driving...or DOESN'T IT MATTER?

I wouldn't add it before the trip. Not that its not a good idea but if something was to go wrong you don't really wanna be sitting 500 miles away from your nearest ride.

If you want to add it to the gas then sure go ahead but I would be very causes before adding anything to the oil right before a long trip.

Last edited:
I would add it before the trip and then change the oil before going on a trip.

Unless you have proof that you have an extremely dirty engine or neglected engine I would change the oil more frequently.

I'll wait until I return from the trip to add the Kreen. As mentioned, any known advantages to adding it to the gas (as instructed) or just the oil?

If you're planning a 1,000 mile trip dump it in on the way back, that will keep it in the sump for ~ 500 miles. Add it to the oil and the gas, just like the directions say. Change your oil when you get back.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
OK guys...if I wanted to do a Kreen cleaning on a vehicle, is it a better idea to add it to the oil (and maybe gas...voices here don't seem to be as sold on its benefits in the gas)does it matter how the vehicle will be driven afterward during the "cleaning process"? Is it better to put a quick 1,000 miles of higher speed freeway driving on a trip or wait until returned and add it which means the vehicle will see a mix of stop-and-go and some 60 mph highway driving...or DOESN'T IT MATTER?

I would recommend to add after your return, based on my experience the effect is getting better every day, so I believe some of soaking help to clean better.

Here are my KREEN results from my "Coked Rings & Oil Burning Reduction Experiments." thread:

Originally Posted By: Turk
Time for an update with BIG, real results.....
smile.gif

Previous oil burning before KREEN: 1/2 Qt per 200-250 miles in the '98 Saturn SC2 DOHC.

I added 14 Oz. of KREEN in the oil, ran the car normally with a bunch of rev-ups, for 500 miles.

Drained the BLACK PYB 5w-30 oil at around 2,500 miles & filled with PYB 5w-30.

Post KREEN oil burning: I drove the car 425 miles. The oil level barely moved -- maybe 2 Oz used in 425 miles!
shocked2.gif

Checked the oil the same way -- car facing the same way in the garage & the engine sitting cold for at least 16 hours.

This is with 2 1/2 hours of a steady, 3,000-3,200 RPM run to Mayo Clinic & back home, so it wasn't babied.

It's early, it's 1 data point, but it is a definitive shift in less oil burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back