dual batteries in a truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that my pickup is not moving for a month or two over the winter due to snow, I decided to fully charge each battery (isolated them) using a Battery Minder 1202. Then waited overnight and measured the voltages. The older one is 12.65 and the newer one is 12.81. I know I should have replaced both at the same time, but chose not to. Are these two batteries OK to be paralleled?

Ive done it before without any negative results, I have a current setup that I do this with on my Polaris Ranger and I buy a new battery every other year and the older of the two batteries goes into the number 2 spot. I run a lot of accessories.

Last edited:
What brands are they? I wonder if one is a low maintenance while the other maint free. There's a subtle voltage difference between them.

You did the right thing disconnecting them. I'd be ok running them parallelled though. Seeing how you already have them.

I should say I have been running the truck with these batteries for a year, I just took the time this week, to fully charge each, and measure the voltage (the next day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back