PICS: K&N PS-7022 (7,300 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are pictures of a K&N PS-7022 cartridge filter off my 2008 Sedona. Engine had 80,150 miles at time of change, and OCI was 6 months and 7,300 miles with TGMO 0w20. I can't help but notice that the filter looked slightly caved in towards the middle. This could be because most filters for this application (including this one) have no internal cage. Instead, they rely on the cage in the filter housing assembly itself. Maybe the diameter of the cage is slightly smaller, and the filter conforms down to it? Just curious. I've used this model filter before for a similar OCI, but I can't remember if it did this or not. I'm thinking that the threading on of the filter cap can sometimes twist these filters... However, pleats were still incredibly strong. I tried to pull back a few to get a look inside, and I couldn't. Anyhow, enjoy:

[img:left][/img]

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I thought the only reason people run the K&N was for the welded but on the end. But a cartridge?

Got them for $4 apiece on Rockauto, that's why
smile.gif
I also heard they were a pretty decent filter.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I thought the only reason people run the K&N was for the welded but on the end. But a cartridge?

Got them for $4 apiece on Rockauto, that's why
smile.gif
I also heard they were a pretty decent filter.

I thought they are super expensive. Sounds like you got a good price.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is there a wire backed option for your car?

Not that I've seen yet. Locally, there aren't many available options for this filter size. I may research it though. I would prefer to do longer OCI's anyhow, so a wire-backed synthetic media filter would be right up my alley.

Industry is trying to get all the metal out of the cartridge for environmental and recycling concerns.
Likely a Billion filters going in the dumpster each year. That's a lot of trash!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Industry is trying to get all the metal out of the cartridge for environmental and recycling concerns.
Likely a Billion filters going in the dumpster each year. That's a lot of trash!

Funny you should mention that... i was just looking at filters on Rockauto, and a few were marketed as 'metal-free'. I have never seen that before in the item description.

I can see it now......a carbon fiber oil filter.

Only hippies would buy those without wires.

Why not create a recycle centre for oil filters instead? Too expensive?
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back