2014-2015 Subaru Forester Owners - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out about rims and tires. OEM on the XT is 225/55R18 and they use [censored] Bridgestone Duelers. I'd be interested up-sizing but don't know if 225/60's or similar will scrape. On my '09 I was able to up-size from 215/65R16 to 225/60R17 with safe clearances and it looks much better.

I don't see a question anywhere in your post
grin.gif

But, the 2.5i has 225/60 -17 tires.

While I think the 2015 Forester is a good looking car, I bought it because of AWD, good mileage, good price. If I wanted good looks I would get a Corvette or Porsche. So I will keep the stock tire size.

We have 225 yokos - forget the rim size though. Nice handling tires but rock HARD. Don't recall if they are 60 or 65 aspect. Thinking 60. I can check 4U tonight, buddy.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I'm trying to figure out about rims and tires. OEM on the XT is 225/55R18 and they use [censored] Bridgestone Duelers. I'd be interested up-sizing but don't know if 225/60's or similar will scrape. On my '09 I was able to up-size from 215/65R16 to 225/60R17 with safe clearances and it looks much better.

The yokohama g91f are quite terrible too (non-xt models)

I'd try to keep the stock size not a whole lot of extra room for snow already.

Subaru has picked a tire diameter and width to optimize the handling feathers of the XT. I would not go to a larger or smaller diameter tire.

So looks like I'd want to retain stock tire size. I'd still be looking to change out the factory rims with a fully blacked out after market set, purely for appearance. This is because the color of this car would be Dark Gray Metallic which for those not familiar w/ Subaru's colors it is a very dark gray almost charcoal. Add the Subaru Sport Grille which is blacked out as well and finally, swap out the chrome exhaust tips for matte black or black chromed tips (if such exists). And last but not least have the driver door and passenger door glass tinted closer to the rears and the rear hatch glass tinted darker than factory. Bada bing, personalized to my liking... a blacked out machine.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
So looks like I'd want to retain stock tire size. I'd still be looking to change out the factory rims with a fully blacked out after market set, purely for appearance. This is because the color of this car would be Dark Gray Metallic which for those not familiar w/ Subaru's colors it is a very dark gray almost charcoal. Add the Subaru Sport Grille which is blacked out as well and finally, swap out the chrome exhaust tips for matte black or black chromed tips (if such exists). And last but not least have the driver door and passenger door glass tinted closer to the rears and the rear hatch glass tinted darker than factory. Bada bing, personalized to my liking... a blacked out machine.

I like this plan.
thumbsup2.gif
Tire Rack has quite a few options in 18" black rims.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
While I think the 2015 Forester is a good looking car, I bought it because of AWD, good mileage, good price. If I wanted good looks I would get a Corvette or Porsche. So I will keep the stock tire size.

I'm wondering if you have any heater problem. Read that many 2014 Forester/Outback people were complaining about inadequate heater performance. Living in NY , I took the mentioned off my future buy list because of the heater problem.

In regards to the HVAC, yeah, it certainly doesn't blast you out of the cabin. This was true for my 2012 Legacy and my 2014 XV Crosstrek. Two entirely different Subarus. Cost cutting, weight saving, emissions thing? Probably.

The cabin heats and cools adequately, but you can't achieve the extremes like you can with other makes/models if this is important to you.

I came across a 5 door Subaru with quad tips in the back which had killer engine sound and the performance to back it up. It was NOT adorned with boy racer look. The rumble sounded like a big V8 when it was in the next lane. Which model is that?

The heater in my '09 Forester will practically scorch your hand if near the vent. I find this news about the newer ones to be surprising.

Originally Posted By: ronbo
Originally Posted By: Donald

I'm wondering if you have any heater problem. Read that many 2014 Forester/Outback people were complaining about inadequate heater performance. Living in NY , I took the mentioned off my future buy list because of the heater problem.

Heat takes longer to get going in my 2014 outback than in most other cars I've owned. But after it heats up fully, it is as strong as most of the other cars I've owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back