Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this UOA for Best F100.

Code:

EQUIP. MAKE/MODEL: Ford 2.5L 4-cyl Hybrid

FUEL TYPE: Gasoline (Unleaded)

OIL TYPE & GRADE: Motorcraft Synthetic 5W/20

OIL USE INTERVAL: 5,387 Miles

This first sample from your Fusion looks really good. Wear metals are about as low as you could hope for.

Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 5,200 miles on the oil. You're beating

those numbers by a mile. The viscosity was correct for 5W/20 and no fuel or coolant showed up. Low insolubles and

silicon show good oil and air filtration. The TBN was 2.4 showing some active additive left; less than 1.0 is too low for

extended use. This engine can definitely handle a longer oil run. Try 7,500 miles next time.

ALUMINUM 2

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 3

COPPER 0

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 50

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 213

SILICON 2

SODIUM 1

CALCIUM 2399

MAGNESIUM 20

PHOSPHORUS 783

ZINC 950

BARIUM 0

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 51.9

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 7.84

Flashpoint in °F 390

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.2

TBN 2.4

TAN

ISO Code

Please forgive my ignorance, but how many of those miles was the engine actually running and does it just idle to charge the batteries?

I don't know anything about hybrids so I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions.

The silicon is exceptionally low (at least for a car). Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
Please forgive my ignorance, but how many of those miles was the engine actually running and does it just idle to charge the batteries?

I don't know anything about hybrids so I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions.

The silicon is exceptionally low (at least for a car). Thanks for posting.

Sure. It is my car. Approximately 85% of my 65 mile daily commute into work is at highway speeds - so of course the engine is actually running. The electric mode only kicks in A) On speeds under 45mph B) Under gentle acceleration and C) Only for several miles (until the electric range is used up). Electric Range is "built" back up quickly under braking conditions, especially city driving. Maybe someone else can do a better job of explaining it.

Pardon my ignorance regarding the silicon comments, but I don't understand its significance. I just thought the lead readings were particularly low for the miles driven.

This is really is a great car. I see real world gas mileage anywhere from 40 - 52 mpg. Moderate temperatures and speeds bring out the best of it. Have seen over 700 miles on a tank, if that is your goal. Hope to put over 400,000 miles on it.

Lillikai will post my most recent UOA for me. Using Toyota 0W20 over the same driven roads.

BestF100, thanks for the reply. You answered my questions. With such low wear metals and low silicon, I thought maybe the engine was just going along for the ride.
smile.gif

Seriously, I knew about the recharging with the brake use but otherwise not familiar with the various hybrids and how much the engine worked. Thank you.

The silicon level indicates how well the air filtration is doing. The lower the better and only 2 ppm is just fantastic for 5k miles. Air filters get more efficient as they accumulate miles. Yours is doing great and clearly no outside leaks along the intake tract. What brand filter and how many miles on it?

You have a good thing going with that car!

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
BestF100, thanks for the reply. You answered my questions. With such low wear metals and low silicon, I thought maybe the engine was just going along for the ride.
smile.gif

Seriously, I knew about the recharging with the brake use but otherwise not familiar with the various hybrids and how much the engine worked. Thank you.

The silicon level indicates how well the air filtration is doing. The lower the better and only 2 ppm is just fantastic for 5k miles. Air filters get more efficient as they accumulate miles. Yours is doing great and clearly no outside leaks along the intake tract. What brand filter and how many miles on it?

You have a good thing going with that car!

Funny you should ask about the air filter. It is one of those "lifetime" air filters. I am still on the original filter at about the now, 117,000 mile mark. It will cost about $400 to replace it, from what I have been told. I am a bit nervous as to how long to keep it in. I also don't know if the air filter will give me any indications when it is about to "give up".

Comparing both uoas. Wear wise the Motorcraft looks slightly better, but the Toyota oil held up better looking at the TBN. Both seem to have done the job, and thats what really matters
smile.gif
Both are great reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back