Pennzoil Platinum 5w30, 5,000 mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
5,000 mile/8,000km OCI, 2011 Dodge Journey with 3.6L Pentastar with 43,500 miles/70,000 km's....my first UOA.

i3t6vp.jpg

Looks really good. What did you replace it with? If it was more PP, I'd take their suggestion and push it up 6k miles or more.

I'm not sure if I agree with an increase of 2K miles right away. I think I'd feel more comfortable going 6K, THEN if the UOA supports 7K I would go for it.

Originally Posted By: Throt
I'm not sure if I agree with an increase of 2K miles right away. I think I'd feel more comfortable going 6K, THEN if the UOA supports 7K I would go for it.

That is the plan for my next change, 6,000 miles/10,000 km's it's the most mileage I am comfortable doing. It took alot to get me to do 5,000 miles OCI but being on this site gave me the courage to do the extra 1,000 miles. My manual says a maximum of 8,000 miles/13,000 km's or 6 months....based on conventional oil.

Last edited:

Whatever you feel comfortable. However, the report looks really good and to me it looks like it could do 7k.

There are is a few reports I would disagree with them but this isn't one of them. For example there was a report where ~14k was done, and based on TBN they were saying to go more, but the oil was starting to lose a lot of viscosity.

Why not? PP is easily good for longer oil changes. The report looks excellent. His Owner's Manual allows an OCI of 8k on conventional. I would do 7k on the next oil change with no reservations. Do another UOA, and if it still looks good too, go to 8k.

I've been following the OEM 7.5k OCI on my Outback, and turned in a sample of PP. It also came back looking great. Short of warranty requirements or extreme duty use, there doesn't seem to be a good reason to not go 7k or 8k on a quality synthetic like PP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back