Pennzoil Pure Plus 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to switch to Pennzoil 0w20 with PP technology. I will be getting the "Silver bottle", not the dark grey bottle. Would you say this oil is superior to M1 AFE, or inferior? Why?

Thanks all
smile.gif

Its a great oil as is Mobil 1 AFE, use either with confidence. Pennzoil claims that it cleans better than Mobil 1, so in a dirty engine I guess you could say that it has the edge, but Mobil 1 has proven to be an excellent all around oil for many applications.

Both are very good, neither is inferior to the other. If you told me you're going for extremely long oil change intervals (OCI) I might say go with the M1 just because i've seen more UOAs with very long intervals on it than I have with PP. But for normal OCIs or following your vehicle's oil life monitor, I think they're both the same.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Looking to switch to Pennzoil 0w20 with PP technology. I will be getting the "Silver bottle", not the dark grey bottle. Would you say this oil is superior to M1 AFE, or inferior? Why?

Thanks all
smile.gif

I'm curious myself as I picked up 4 jugs from the AZ clearance for $5 each.

I have a bit of a quandary as I got QSUD, AFE, PPPP, M1EP, and Edge waiting for the next change in my Honda; all 0w-20. I'm betting it really doesn't matter myself.

Is it superior to M1 AFE, probably not but I don't think it is inferior either. I've used PP 5W-20 and 5w-30 in a couple different vehicles and it did what I expected, I'd use it again.

as long as your engine doesn't consume it, it should be as good as M1 for you.

my engine liked the taste of PP 0W20 too much for my liking.

All of the Pennzoil oils are top notch. Regarding the cleaning better marketing, they claim PP can keep pistons 8% cleaner (think about that) and they are comparing it to regular Moibl 1, not AFE or EP.

Originally Posted By: buster
All of the Pennzoil oils are top notch. Regarding the cleaning better marketing, they claim PP can keep pistons 8% cleaner (think about that) and they are comparing it to regular Moibl 1, not AFE or EP.

Keep in mind the cleaning claims made by Pennzoil do not apply to 0W-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back