What's a good juicer or blender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again and currently on the hunt for a juicer or blender to make my own fruit& vegetable smoothies, shakes etc. What do you folks recommend? Thanks in advance

https://www.vitamix.com/

Affectionately called "the cement mixer" it will obliterate foods and makes a fabulous smoothie.

smile.gif

Ed

A juicer can be like exercise equipment in that after awhile you get tired of it. Mainly of cleaning it. Keep that in mind while shopping.

I have a cheap one pint blender from Walmart (under $20) that makes great smoothies from frozen berries, plain yogurt and vanilla silk milk. Also bananas are added at times. Its a 1 minute clean up job, but its not a juicer.

From a health perspective berries are the best fruit you can eat. Any of them. And they do not need a juicer, just a cheap blender.

I also buy Bolthouse or Naked premaid smoothies in the refrig. section at the grocery store. They are about 1/2 gallon in size.

Blendtec and Vita-Mix are the best blenders. Juicers like others have pointed out are great but a pain to clean and you do waste alot of food juicing mainly the fiber. Unless you are specifically needing the juice for a reason as it does seem to digest much faster.

I don't know anything about the Ninja but suspect the motor is not what my 3.5 HP Blendtec is. Vitmix also very and I think they are 2-2.5 HP.
Also have to have newer home wiring as my Blendtec under load could theoretically pull 18 amps. I hav emeasured and rarely go over 13 so you would probably need to make peanut butter to draw those amps.

I've been juicing for a few months now. A masticating juicer works best. The pulp that is spits out is almost dry to the touch. And if the pulp is still wet such as when you use grapes,oranges,kiwi etc you can just put the pulp back thru again.
I first bought a cheap one that has a high rpm blade that really wasted a lot of juice due to wet pulp but the masticating juicer is far better in that regard.

My current one is a Salton vita pro. It's the cold press type.

I bought a Nutribullet about a year ago, very well made for its size, grinds raw carrots up with no problem. got it for about $100.

Last edited:
A juicer takes out all the pulp if that's what you're after, my Nutribullet leaves everything it basically masticates everything.

I made smoothies for years with an old school blender that was probably 30 years old. It worked ok,but I got tired of having to use a fork to push the fruit down to the blades so it would blend.

I bought a Nutri Bullet pro last week. It worked about the same as the old blender. I had to constantly shake the reservoir to get the fruit to blend. Once the big chunks were chopped fine it worked great. Adding more liquid made things better,but then smoothies became too thin IMO.

I returned the Nutri Bullet and went with a Ninja. The Ninja doesn't make the smoothies quite as smooth as the Nutri Bullet,but there is zero issue with fruit getting stuck or having to fiddle around to get everything to blend.

Just press the button and things get blended in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back