More F1- Sauber stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you been following what's going on with Sauber and all of the legal action? What a mess. Who knows what and who, if anyone, is going to appear from that team tomorrow?

This is a team that was getting a podium or two just a few years ago. The difference...Monisha Kaltenborn taking over for Peter Sauber.

She'll run the team into the ground, if she hasn't already.

They've come to an agreement that VdG won't drive this weekend for them so they have more time to settle it before the next race (2 weeks) in Malaysia.

Seems to be a pretty open & shut case of guilt just coming to a settlement takes time & "magic".

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
The difference...Monisha Kaltenborn taking over for Peter Sauber.

Going on what information?

This is a team that was getting a podium or two just a few years ago. The difference...Monisha Kaltenborn taking over for Peter Sauber.

No points last year and both cars in the top ten.

Originally Posted By: whip

No points last year and both cars in the top ten.

Yep, they overachieved for sure, attrition and the dumpster fire that McLaren/Honda currently is helped. But Nasr showed some skill, can't say the same for Ericsson.

Of course there are 19 more races and I don't think Sauber can continue to make "arrangements" through court orders before every weekend. At some point they are either going to have to make a large payment to one driver or lose sponsorship money from another driver. Either way they are going to have a tough hill to climb. Points won't be so available when the attrition rate goes back to just a few cars.

Didn't they only get $8 million from his sponsors last year in the first place? Doesn't sound like it was worth it.

Sorry, Peter. I always rooted for your team but this whole mess was VERY shady.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Didn't they only get $8 million from his sponsors last year in the first place? Doesn't sound like it was worth it.

Sorry, Peter. I always rooted for your team but this whole mess was VERY shady.

I think teams like Sauber are important to F1, but this whole deal makes Kaltenborn and the team look bad. I hope van der Garde sees some of that money because he'll never see an F1 seat again.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Apparently he didn't even have a Super License, so how did he expect to be allowed to race? The FIA would not tolerate that at all.

It seems to me that he was signed with the expectation of getting his super license. He failed to uphold his end of the deal, and they signed another driver. Somehow that makes Sauber shady? What's should the team have done?

Sauber showed good pace in testing. They qualified well, and kept the speed thru the race. I think they'll contend for points all season.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Apparently he didn't even have a Super License, so how did he expect to be allowed to race? The FIA would not tolerate that at all.

It seems to me that he was signed with the expectation of getting his super license. He failed to uphold his end of the deal, and they signed another driver. Somehow that makes Sauber shady? What's should the team have done?

Sauber showed good pace in testing. They qualified well, and kept the speed thru the race. I think they'll contend for points all season.

His only obstacle to a super license was Sauber not submitting the paperwork...so once again it was Sauber being the problem, not van der Garde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back