If You sell on E-Bay-Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok lets be honest here, if you fall for one of these scams, it only makes you look foolish.

It amazes me that people will give out sensitive information to strangers, just like when businesses ask for your social security number for "security" purposes.

Sad times we live in.

The same thing happened to a guy that I work withs kid, His deal is he payed 3000 for the car and 2000 for shipping, The kid was supposed to send the money
to a shipping company that know one has ever heard of. He cashed the check they gave him but luckly waited until it cleared but it didnt.

I like the guy who played along, with support help from British co-message board members, to burn one of these scam artists. He played semi-dumb and made like he was really shipping this clown a "notebook" computer. He pretended to "botch" the declaraion and assured the scammer that he would compensate him for the duty.

Inside the box, that the scammer had to pay several hundred $$$ in duty to get, was a three ring "notebook" a few lunched computer parts and a mouse with the ball taped over and the word "laser" written on it.

It was a masterpiece of counter scam art (if it really occured).

I wish I had the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back