UOA on PU 5w30 '03 Matrix Xrs OCI@3,300 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, as you can see this is my first post on BITOG and this is the first UOA I have done on any of my vehicles and wanted to share the results. I have been learning a lot from this forum and was interested to find out what shape the engine was in. This is my wife's car which she has owned since '06 with 76k miles on the odo when it was purchased. Car has 172k miles on it now and after a few DIY maintenance jobs it's running great.

Blackstone's comments - This first sample from your Matrix looked great. Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of Yamaha engine after ~4,400 miles, and after a shorter interval, your wear metals line up nicely. In fact, nothing in these findings looks out-of-line, so you obviously have one well-oiled machine here! No measurable contamination was found, and insolubles (oxidized solids in the oil cause by heat, use, and blow-by) are low at 0.1%. The TBN is strong at 4.5, so you should have no trouble going ~5,500 miles on the next fill. Keep up the good work!

Code:

Toyota 1.8L 4-cyl (2ZZ-GE)

OIL PU 5w30 Univ. Avg.

MILES IN USE 3300 ~4400

MILES 172133

Make Up Oil 0

SAMPLE TAKEN 3/12/15

ALUMINUM 3 4

CHROMIUM 0 0

IRON 5 9

COPPER 5 5

LEAD 4 2

TIN 0 1

MOLYBDENUM 57 63

NICKEL 0 2

MANGANESE 0 0

SILVER 0 0

TITANIUM 2 0

POTASSIUM 0 2

BORON 61 41

SILICON 15 13

SODIUM 16 26

CALCIUM 2327 2029

MAGNESIUM 14 328

PHOSPHORUS 754 762

ZINC 889 897

BARIUM 0 0

Values

Should Be

SUS Vis @ 210ºF 58.0 55-63

cSt Vis @ 100ºC 9.65 8.8-11.3

Flashpoint in ºF 415 >365

Fuel %
Antifreeze 0.0 0.0

Water % 0.0 0.0

Insolubles % 0.1
TBN 4.5 >1.0

Yes, this was a short run on the oil, but I just replaced the timing chain cover gasket and water pump seals back in January and wasn't 100% confident that coolant didn't get into the oil. No, I do not run a K&N, but along with the new timing chain cover gasket, I've replaced almost every other seal/gasket on the engine, that I can reach, in the last few 4-5 months. I am planning on doing another UOA next run after 5k+ miles and I'm hoping to see the silicon go down. Quite a few of the gaskets needed some FIPG in some spots and I'm thinking that is causing it.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Sweet Yamaha UOA!

Is Yamaha really making an 1800cc cruiser now?

Or is that a typo?

Not a typo, Toyota car, but Yamaha designed the engine.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Sweet Yamaha UOA!

Is Yamaha really making an 1800cc cruiser now?

Or is that a typo?

Yamaha does tuning and heads on a lot of Toyota engines dating back to 1967.

They also built the Ford SHO V6 and V8 engines as well as the Volvo 4.4 V8.

Originally Posted By: studmann04
Yes, this was a short run on the oil, but I just replaced the timing chain cover gasket and water pump seals back in January and wasn't 100% confident that coolant didn't get into the oil. No, I do not run a K&N, but along with the new timing chain cover gasket, I've replaced almost every other seal/gasket on the engine, that I can reach, in the last few 4-5 months. I am planning on doing another UOA next run after 5k+ miles and I'm hoping to see the silicon go down. Quite a few of the gaskets needed some FIPG in some spots and I'm thinking that is causing it.

I'm thinking that's where the silicone came from. Much like you're expecting, I also expect the silicon to go down as you put some distance between the UOA and the work you did on the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back