Weber Spirit E320 propane gas grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trusty 20 year old Coleman gas grill is on it's last legs so I'm looking at the Weber Spirit E320. It has 3 SS burners and a total output of 32,000 btu's. 424 5q in of cooking surface, a side burner, tank weighing scale, thermometer in the hood, cast iron grates, 2 year warranty with a ten year burner warranty etc. I don't need a huge grill any longer and this model seems to be adequate. $549.00 at Lowes before a 5% discount if I use my Lowes card. The Weber gets some very good reviews. Has anyone here had a good or bad experience with the Weber gas grills?

That grill is made in China unlike the slightly more expensive Genesis model which is made in the USA. Find a 10% off coupon and it's a pretty good deal on a fully rebuildable grill that should last you 20 plus years.

Usually those 10% off coupons exclude Weber, but maybe it'll work.

I think there was a thread over at slickdeals which mentions the format of the 10% off coupon code.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Usually those 10% off coupons exclude Weber, but maybe it'll work.

They do exclude Weber. The cashier rang it up anyways, so I got 10% off my Weber Genesis when I bought it. You might get the same luck.

If you don't need the size get the two burner. I have the Spirit 200, the model prior to the new generation. I like that the parts are pretty much replaceable. When the grill is clean it does a great job, I just don't clean it enough. Even the Spirit, made in China, are good grills for the price considering the still replaceable parts and warranty service.

You may also want to look into a Ducane. When I needed a warranty part for mine, the service center also was for Ducane and I was highly impressed. I think my next grill will be a Ducane. Very similar to Weber and less expensive.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
That grill is made in China unlike the slightly more expensive Genesis model which is made in the USA. Find a 10% off coupon and it's a pretty good deal on a fully rebuildable grill that should last you 20 plus years.

Agree. Genesis is the one to get, pay a little more up front but get much longer service life. I bought 1 about 11 years ago and nothing went wrong yet, just cleaned it once a year.

I'm looking for a smaller grill now that it's just me and my wife at home. We only need a medium sized grill with a side burner. I think the least expensive Genesis with a side burner is the E330 at $799.00. I cook with a pressure fryer outside on the side burner....just in case the fryer decides to blow a gasket.

Last edited:
pay abit more for genesis or abit less for the spirit.

or just buy clearance kenmore models in the offseason for 100$ like I do (they last 5 years or so)

Last edited:
Id skip the spirit and get the Genesis.

Personally, we have the biggest model Q that they had. I liked the fact that the sides folded away and that we could easily tuck it in a corner someplace during the winter months. We dont grill a ton, but the surface is perfect for what it is. Lots of happy folks running those.

I think the Q and our Weber charcoal grill are made in one factory, with the other gas ones made someplace else in IL.

I bought our Genesis about 10 years ago. I cook on it probably 300 nights a year. I replaced a set of burners last summer,and the cast iron grates need replacing, probably this summer.

I don't do a lot of grilling, & so have things trimmed down to 2 units. For charcoal, a little Weber Smokey Joe bought a few years ago on sale. It cooks much better than its size would indicate. For propane, I bought a used Weber Q, believe it's the original model before they began making them in different sizes & adding a number to the name. I had to remove & clean the piezoelectric igniter on the Q, after that it worked perfectly. It came with the Weber cover and cart, with only a few paint bubbles to indicate it wasn't new.(Living several years in the salt air of Hawaii probably contributed to those paint blisters!
grin2.gif
) I have about $85 total invested in both grills.

Those grills serve my needs just fine. But for some reason I sure do find this thread interesting, * myself thinking,"Maybe something bigger, with more bells & whistles?"
Must be one of those "guy things".
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
pay abit more for genesis or abit less for the spirit.

or just buy clearance kenmore models in the offseason for 100$ like I do (they last 5 years or so)

I'd rather purchase a quality unit up front rather than throw one out every 5 years or so. We have a Weber Genesis red top at our lake home that is somewhere north of 25 years old. By your Kenmore numbers I would have had to replace it 5 or more times-not much of a bargain.

Our newer Weber Genesis at our regular home is every bit as well built, and will probably last me the rest of my life. We've had it around 5 or 6 years now, and it's as good as they day it was new. By now I would have had to replace it if I followed your Kenmore advice.

i would check out holland grills. i have been told they are not good for steak though. no issue for me as i cook steak on my 15 year old webber kettle grill.

I ordered the Weber Spirit E320 today from Lowes along with the Weber cover. The Spirit E320 {$550} ranked slightly ahead of the Genesis S-330 {$970} and costs $420 less, according to the June issue of Consumer Reports. I love the Genesis models but don't think they're worth the price difference for my needs now that the kids are gone. I got it shipped to my Lowes store and they will assemble it, deliver it, and haul away my old grill, all for free. I found a couple Holland grills on CL but the way they cook, seems more like an oven than a grill. I have a Weber charcoal kettle grill I bought in 1986 and still prefer charcoal over gas, but the gas is handy.

think it's safe to say that Weber makes a quality product across their entire lineup. I'm sure the grill will work out nicely for you.

I own a Genesis E320. We enjoyed some brats this evening and bacon-wrapped filets are ready for tomorrow.

Got my new grill yesterday after Lowes was 2 days late on assembling it. That was o.k. because the manager knocked off an additional 10% for my trouble. Got the E320 for less than $500. It preheated to 500 degrees in less than 10 minutes. I was a little skeptical about the porcelain/cast iron grates but they cooked the burgers and dogs with no sticking, and no seasoning of the grates was required, according to Weber. I plan on having some nice ribeyes in the next couple of days. I gave the 30 year old Weber kettle a good cleaning today and a new cover as well. I'm set on go with the new gas grill and a freshly cleaned charcoal kettle grill as well. I'm a charcoal grill guy, but it's nice to have the gas when in a hurry.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Got my new grill yesterday after Lowes was 2 days late on assembling it. That was o.k. because the manager knocked off an additional 10% for my trouble. Got the E320 for less than $500. It preheated to 500 degrees in less than 10 minutes. I was a little skeptical about the porcelain/cast iron grates but they cooked the burgers and dogs with no sticking, and no seasoning of the grates was required, according to Weber. I plan on having some nice ribeyes in the next couple of days. I gave the 30 year old Weber kettle a good cleaning today and a new cover as well. I'm set on go with the new gas grill and a freshly cleaned charcoal kettle grill as well. I'm a charcoal grill guy, but it's nice to have the gas when in a hurry.

Nice!

I have a Kettle as well that I love, but also a Weber Q for Gas use.

Great combo.

Enjoy the summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back