New V-Twin oil from AMSOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody posted the new oils out from AMSOIL on the V-Twin and dirt bike oils. At least I didn't see them posted anywhere in here.

They came out with a V-Twin Transmission oil, A V-Twin 20w-40 for the new Indian and a V-Twin Primary case oil.

The dirt bike oils are a 10w-40, 10w-50 and a 10w-60.

I might be tempted to try the 20W-40 in my BF 750 in the summer, but Rotella has been working very well thus far and it is very cost effective.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Where can the tech data sheets be viewed on these new oils?

on the product pages

Last edited:
Of course Indian also now specs a 10w60 for the new Scout. They just love using oddball specs. First the almost extinct 20w40 and now this 10w60. I am sure it helps them sell their brand of oil.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
I might be tempted to try the 20W-40 in my BF 750 in the summer, but Rotella has been working very well thus far and it is very cost effective.

+1.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
I'm surprised nobody posted the new oils out from AMSOIL on the V-Twin and dirt bike oils. At least I didn't see them posted anywhere in here.

They came out with a V-Twin Transmission oil, A V-Twin 20w-40 for the new Indian and a V-Twin Primary case oil.

Great info, didnt know. Love the idea of having some choices for the Transmission and Primary on my Road King.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Great info, didnt know. Love the idea of having some choices for the Transmission and Primary on my Road King.

I was at the Amsoil site and noticed that they state "The main recommendation for motorcycle transmissions and primary chaincases remains AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil."

[removed amsoil dealer link]

I plan on looking into the transmission specific oil, but if it isn't cheaper than their motor oil, I'd probably stick with what they recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: SJohnson

I was at the Amsoil site and noticed that they state "The main recommendation for motorcycle transmissions and primary chaincases remains AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil."

I plan on looking into the transmission specific oil, but if it isn't cheaper than their motor oil, I'd probably stick with what they recommend.

I just went to Amsoils site after reading your post. I hate "mystery" fluids. Doesnt state if its a GL1 4 etc. ... just have to go on blind faith, also no proof its any better then Primary +

APPLICATIONS
Harley Davidson®, Triumph® and pre-2013 INDIAN® bikes.

I believe this page says it's a GL-1 rated oil.http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/motorcycle/ But I find it funny their transmission oil doesn't have a rating posted. Unless Harley's new small bikes need a 20/40 wt oil, I wouldn't use it.,,

I am a little confused by the marketing.

They seem to be saying "We came out with this simply because some of you dimwits won't accept our 20/50 is fine for your primary and transmission"...

Then they go on to talk about some of the benefits of it...

So which is it - is it better or not.

Originally Posted By: Amsoil.com
...some motorcyclists are locked in on the belief that a motor oil cannot adequately protect motorcycle transmissions and chain cases. ...

Originally Posted By: Amsoil.com
Most bikers want to project confidence when they ride, and nothing ruins confidence faster than killing the engine when attempting to start from a dead stop. AMSOIL Synthetic V-Twin Transmission Fluid and Synthetic V-Twin Primary Fluid help riders shift smoothly and avoid killing the engine when starting. Riders can count on consistent clutch feel for confident takeoffs and more effective riding. On the highway, Synthetic V-Twin Transmission Fluid and Synthetic V-Twin Primary Fluid deliver a smooth, trouble-free ride, letting riders focus on the road instead of the performance of their bikes.

Originally Posted By: SJohnson

I just went to Amsoils site after reading your post. I hate "mystery" fluids. Doesnt state if its a GL1 4 etc. ... just have to go on blind faith, also no proof its any better then Primary +

APPLICATIONS
Harley Davidson®, Triumph® and pre-2013 INDIAN® bikes.

I hate mystery fluids too. At least Amsoil motorcycle oils state they are API SG, SL/CF; Mobil 1 V-TWIN is SJ/CF; Valvoline is SJ and Harley oil is......mystery oil. I can't find an API spec anywhere on Harley oil. How can we trust what it is? Guess we'll have to go on "blind faith". Just remember the old engineering saying: In God we trust, all others bring data.

Cheers!

No bike oils are certified by the API because they do not carry the seal. API does not even certify lower than SL if I recall anymore. The makers just say they meet the specs outlined by the API, but there is no verification.

So it is all blind faith really.

the 20-40 is all the talk on our Victory forums. i believe in + use Amsoil in most everything although i prefer Redline's gear lubes. that said Amsoil is more open than any manufacturer i seen, go to amsoil.com, select an oil, scroll to the bottom for detailed specs, MSDS + data sheets are there as well. after researching i found the 20-40 to be a group III "synthetic", very good specs + a fantastically low Noack. i will continue to use their 20-50 premium synthetic a group IV-V oil MA rated in my 2013 Victory Hammer, i used the same in my traded in harley!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back