Windshield treatment product lineup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for suggestions for my windshield treatment regimen. I'm looking for a nano/sealant type product with longevity. Ideally, i'd like to find a product lineup that has a cleaner/maintainer, sealant/treatment and a complementing washer fluid.

Any good suggestions out there?

Originally Posted By: badtlc
I'm looking for suggestions for my windshield treatment regimen. I'm looking for a nano/sealant type product with longevity. Ideally, i'd like to find a product lineup that has a cleaner/maintainer, sealant/treatment and a complementing washer fluid.

What are you talking about, something like Rain-x?

I don't use rain-x or similar polymer (or silicone) based products on my front windshield, period.

The smearing effect is quite distracting esp. during nitetime driving while in the rain.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
I don't use rain-x or similar polymer (or silicone) based products on my front windshield, period.

The smearing effect is quite distracting esp. during nitetime driving while in the rain.

Q.

I agree. That is why i'm interested in the bonding products and not Rain-X. Aquapel works amazing but I can't find their windshield wiper fluid anywhere. Pinnacle has some good looking products, too.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Adams

Thanks. This looks like an interesting product.

im not sure what the question here?
but i love rain x and similar products
if applied correctly you will will not have the smearing effect
amazon sells water repellent products better than rain x but i dont remember the name

Originally Posted By: jacky
amazon sells water repellent products better than rain x but i dont remember the name

Rain-X doesn't last long enough for what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted By: jacky

Try Aquapel. You should be good for at least 3 months with one treatment. It is a fluorinated water repellent.

hotwheels

Hello, I've heard the smearing complaint about Rain-X before as well as claims of it gumming up on wiper blades.
I've never known the product to do anything but WORK GREAT.
It is VERY HARD WORK to get that final polish on the glass but I can do it.
The same goes for their interior windshield product "Anti-Fog".
EVERYONE in my family loves Rain-X's effect.

All I can think of is that people don't rub hard enough and leave it on too thick.
Night driving after a bad Rain-X job would be torturous. Kira

Yep.

CRL "Sparkle" Cleaner and Stain Remover - http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?Productid=6724&GroupID=4380&History=39324:4308:4323:4333&ModelID=4380

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G1A...91E1P00XE68SXT2

and finish up by applying CRL TPC Surface Protector - http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?Productid=6695&GroupID=4384&History=39324:4308:4323:4333&ModelID=4384

http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Polymer-Coating-Surface-Protector/dp/B001G171NG

Ed

I put Meguiars Ultimate paste wax on my windshield ever 4-5 months. As long as you spend the time to remove it it works fine.

If my property wasn't covered in trees I probably wouldn't but it seems like its easier to remove the tree sap with it on then without it.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, I've heard the smearing complaint about Rain-X before as well as claims of it gumming up on wiper blades.
I've never known the product to do anything but WORK GREAT.
It is VERY HARD WORK to get that final polish on the glass but I can do it.
The same goes for their interior windshield product "Anti-Fog".
EVERYONE in my family loves Rain-X's effect.

All I can think of is that people don't rub hard enough and leave it on too thick.
Night driving after a bad Rain-X job would be torturous. Kira

+1. I've found a good heavy towel (like the cheap bath towels) to work best for buffing the rain-x. Effects last a LONGGGG time, too. I use "splash" washer fluid without additives and my rain-x from last fall is still effective.

I like Rejex for that. It's significantly more difficult to apply on glass than on paint (and on glass than Rain-X is), but it is worth the effort, especially when the bugs are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back