Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen or heard of this until I went to Autozone. I wouldn't pay that much for it.

IMG_20150317_165642.jpg

Yeah, I'd love to try it... But AZ is the only place that carries it and I wouldn't pay $9+ a quart for it. Hopefully they'll run an oil change special on it in the near future. Sometimes I just don't understand Shell's distribution methods (platinum hm, ultra platinum, etc.) Why make it and market it if you don't bother distributing it properly.

I too also wanna try it as I'm looking for a high quality high milage oil. I really like maxlife but iv been to 3 towns near me and no ones carrying it beyond one quart bottles. Nothing against Mobil 1 I might try there high mileage but if I was to use it I would probably go with regular M1.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
If they have that in jugs, in WM, in 5w20, I' m getting it next time.

Last time I went to WM they didn't carry it. According to Pennzoil, Autozone is exclusively carrying it for now.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
If they have that in jugs, in WM, in 5w20, I' m getting it next time.

Last time I went to WM they didn't carry it. According to Pennzoil, Autozone is exclusively carrying it for now.

I just spent some time on Pennzoil's website and it's not even a product there. Me want some!

Yeah, I'd love to try it... But AZ is the only place that carries it and I wouldn't pay $9+ a quart for it. Hopefully they'll run an oil change special on it in the near future. Sometimes I just don't understand Shell's distribution methods (platinum hm, ultra platinum, etc.) Why make it and market it if you don't bother distributing it properly.

Shell is not necessarily to blame. Shell would LOVE for every retailer in the world to carry every one of their products. But Shell doesn't decide what products the retailers choose to stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

Shell is not necessarily to blame. Shell would LOVE for every retailer in the world to carry every one of their products. But Shell doesn't decide what products the retailers choose to stock.

In this case, I feel Shell is to blame. They have an exclusive contract with AZ right now for their Platinum HM... But I think you're also right in many other cases.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The regular high mileage bronze bottle is a good oil.

Any idea if it's OK for 7500k runs in mostly city traffic or one year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back