Oil/filter for '08 Kawasaki Nomad 1600...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting this '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600 from the original owner. It's been serviced at the dealer and has 53000 km on it (33000 mi). Oil used was 10W-40 conventional and synthetic with Kawasaki filter 16097-0008.

Would you use any of the Xref filters such as Wix 51358 and Rotella 15W-40 or similar in it?

I plan on changing it yearly with 3-5000 km so going syn might be a waste of money.

14ugk5y.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

According to this website, I somehow stumbled across a quartet of Made in the USA Bosch 3300 Premium Oil Filter for $2.50 a piece at a Walmart near me in Quebec.

As for oil, Rotella T 15W-40 will be on sale next week here at Canadian Tire and this is what appears to be one of the better motorcycle oils so I will get some.

I wouldn't put alot of faith or trust in that sites recommendations. It says to use the same filter on a Harley from '83- '07. Don't know how many other mistakes there are for other brand bikes , but I wouldn't take this sites advice as gospel.,,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
I wouldn't put alot of faith or trust in that sites recommendations. It says to use the same filter on a Harley from '83- '07. Don't know how many other mistakes there are for other brand bikes , but I wouldn't take this sites advice as gospel.,,

I have to agree to a degree as it has likely not been updated since 2007. But positive comments on that particular filter for my application on Kawasaki forums is a good start. And that firesale price was just too good to pass up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back