Mobil Fleet vs Mobil Delvac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i got a 2008 f250 6.4 diesel engine and i got my hands on 5 gals of mobil fleet 15w-40 engine oil. I have always used mobil delvac 15w-40. Can someone please tell me the difference in these two engine oils and will the fleet be ok for my 6.4 engine?

I've been on the road for 25 years and have never seen mobil fleet. I don't know the difference technically but I would guess it's mobil's economy hdeo like shell's T3.

I see that it is cj-4 and meets the current specs for mack, volvo, cat and detroit. I would say it's suitable for you. Was it a special sale price or just a good regular price? What did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking) and where did you get it?

I would not hesitate in the slighest to use it for a normal OCI.

I don't really know how it compares or contrasts to Delvac 1300, but the fact that the Fleet product is CJ-4 compliant, as well as passes the Volvo, Detroit, Cummins and Mack standards indicates to me it would be more than fine for your expected use.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
I've been on the road for 25 years and have never seen mobil fleet. I don't know the difference technically but I would guess it's mobil's economy hdeo like shell's T3.

I see that it is cj-4 and meets the current specs for mack, volvo, cat and detroit. I would say it's suitable for you. Was it a special sale price or just a good regular price? What did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking) and where did you get it?

It was on sale at a local farmers co-op thats closeing down. Gave 31 bucks for a five gal bucket it was marked down half price.

Originally Posted By: Cowboy1221
Originally Posted By: dustyroads

It was on sale at a local farmers co-op thats closeing down. Gave 31 bucks for a five gal bucket it was marked down half price.

Sweet! Love when that happens!

The 6.4 is a good engine. I had 20ishnin my wrecker fleet. They have all be sold to other operators now. I had very good success with them and minimal problems. My company abuses trucks. I use Mag1 15w40 at 12k OCIs and the UOAs show no problems. All of my trucks run in town only and rarely get above 45mph. They never shut off and avg 7.5-8mpg. We literally run the trucks 24/7 until they require maint. The point of my story is heck Ya tun that fleet oil and don't worry. Don't baby your truck. It's meant to work. Work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back