Sweet tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if its just a Southern thing or not.

But, the Sun is staying up and so it is about time to switch to the Summer blend.

Add another bag or just brew it for more time and/or add another half cup or so of sugar....see where I'm going with this??

I could never get used to sweet iced tea. I don't mind a little sugar in my iced tea, but sweet tea is over the top in sweetness which I don't like on a hot day, not refreshing enough.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
diabetes

My wife has type 1 diabetes, is 5'8" @ 114. My wife likes non sweet tea. When we drove to Florida on vacation, a McDonalds in Georgia only had sweet tea. The cashier said: Y'all from up north aren't you? Sweet or not, tea has antioxidants in it and is a much better choice than pop.

No sugar in my iced tea! I'm not from "up North" either, I'm a lifelong resident of NE Texas. If at a potluck dinner/etc, & there's only sweetened tea, I drink water. I gave up on sweetened tea by age 12.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
McDonald's sweet tea is too sweet.

I like a *tiny* bit of sugar added to my tea.

Yes, the only redeeming thing about McD's sweet tea is that a large is $1.00. That's all it has going for it. Tastes like sugar water to me.

I have lived in the South all my life, and I am not a heavy sweet tea drinker. Once in a while it's what I want, but I actually prefer unsweet. I don't mind a touch of sweetness, but usually it's WAY overdone. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anyway, but I can't figure out the appeal of "teas" which are 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of slightly tea darkened water.

My favorite tea is actually lightly sweetened green tea. My consumption of that is about 20X that of "restaurant tea."

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Luckily scrapple hasn't worked it's way into the south.....from Pa.

Actually most scrapple is unedible even in Pa. When I was young the local butchers made it and it was unbelievably good. I have not had good (edible) scrapple in 50 years.

Don't worry it won't ever get down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back