Cleveland finally has a Discount Tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the one in Macedonia for a quote on yoko geolandar at/s during the "thank you" president's day sale

He had to call yokohama for tire availability.. "I'll definitely call you back by 3pm"

No call back... sigh.

Meanwhile I call the 1800 number and found they were on DTD backorder. Tirerack has some but dtd says that aren't available for 8-10 week from yokohama.

Was quite pleasant on the phone but the follow through was pathetic.

Mounted up my summer wheels with the new P7's and so far I am really enjoying them. While I only have two days or so on them, I notice right away the road noise is practically non-existent compared to the summer tires I just swapped. My radio can be on quite a bit lower now which is nice!

My snow tires I had on I know were far quieter than my old summer tires and the P7's are even quieter than the snows, so I know in that regard it is much improved. Hopefully they stay quiet as they wear down. I know they will get louder, by my last two performance tires became unbearable at 5/32 already...

Handling seems great so far... I was worried going from a performance tire to a touring tire that the sidewalls would have more give and such, but they feel good and responsive.

I look forward to putting some miles on these tires and seeing how they handle in rain and such. I noticed no vibration or anything, so it appears they were balanced well at the shop.

I am just debating about doing an alignment or not. Last one I had was a few summers ago. I don't notice any abnormal wear on the tires, it is even across the tread. Steering wheel is straight and no other issues... Is it worth the piece of mind or if all good don't spend the money on it?

Unless the previous tires were wearing oddly, there's no need for an alignment. Just keep an eye on it. I've put 800 miles on my P7s in the last week, still happy!

I had my most recent consumer encounter with Discount Tire yesterday as I was close to their local store. I was pricing new tires for my wife's 4WD CR-V. I was considering the 17" Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus and the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring as buying options. The Asst Manager, Aubrey, was making his finest sales pitch and wanted to know why I was considering each specific tire choice, etc. So far, so good. He should have picked up on the fact that I do extensive research since both tires are not normally mainstream choices for most tire buyers.

The quoted Discount Tire price was over $810 OTD for each set of tire buying options. Say again ? Then Aubrey, at his own insistence, produced competitor price match options for the tires thru some of my other discussed buying options depending upon which tire I selected (Sams, NTB,Tire Rack, Tread Depot). For the Tread Depot option on the Cooper CS5 GT, the least expensive outright tire price, he "mistakenly" selected a shipping option of NEXT DAY as he boldly announced the shipping charge for them would be $257. I asked him to repeat his statement to make sure that I heard him correctly. I incredulously laughed and stated that I could get tires shipped to my zip code for $10-15 per tire from online vendors like TR and TD. He then "admitted" to his "mistaken" shipping selection. Hmmm...I thanked him for his efforts and left.

I then went down the street to Sams Club, and ordered the Pirelli's at an OTD price of $591 (about $220 or 27% less than Discount Tire) which includes 4 year road hazard, lifetime balancing/rotation, lifetime flat repair, 3 year roadside tire change assistance, etc.

I felt like I needed a shower when I left this particular Discount Tire. My one and only encounter with this store was highly questionable from both a pricing and integrity standpoint. I would never go back to this particular store and would have to think twice about using any Discount Tire store in my local area. YMMV

Originally Posted By: d4d
I felt like I needed a shower when I left this particular Discount Tire. My one and only encounter with this store was highly questionable from both a pricing and integrity standpoint. I would never go back to this particular store and would have to think twice about using any Discount Tire store in my local area. YMMV

The best/lowest price you can get is print out the lowest price(tax and shipping if applicable included) then ask D/T for price match.

You went into a D/T store without an actual low price you can get online, they will not give you the lowest price possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back