5w25 motorcraft !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 0w-40 in my charger. Mds works just fine

Think about it. Mds and vvt work properly with cold oil,which is a whole lot thicker than a hot 40 grade.

I was under the impression and from reading, if the oil is too thick it can trigger a cel.

I have a Police upfitters document at home on my laptop from 2011 indicating any viscosity from 5w-20 to 10w-30 was fine in the Chargers for police use.

Mer: I apologize for Us Hi-Jacking your thread so this will be my last post on the thicker oil!

VNTS: I have read and heard of many owners who tried a 5W-30 in their 5.7L that caused a CEL! I am one of the lucky ones I guess! There are Many as well that use 5W-30 or 0W-30 with No Issues!!

My Service Mgr told me I could pour in a 30wt with no issues...

You can also use a Diablo Sport T1000 Trinity Tuner and Disable the MDS! and Use what ever Viscosity you want...

One more note-->3:92 gears are awesome!

Originally Posted By: mer
I have a good stash of mc 5w20 & a lesser amount of 5w30, so I have done a 50/50 mix for my ford f-150 5.4 2v...seem to run great. !!
Why wouldn't it run great ?

THANKS -SYN-... AND EVERYBODY ELSE FOR YOU POSITIVE ADVICE & OPINIONS ( I DID NOT INTEND TO OPEN UP A CAN OF WORMS !!)......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back