Apple watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a smart watch, not an iWatch because I don't use an iPhone for my personal phone, but I like my Citizen too much to switch.

No. I'm not a fan of wrist wear anyway, and most smart watches are simply prompts that tell you to look at your phone. I'm sure the Apple Watch will be a fine piece of engineering, but I'd rather the 500 bucks be in my retirement account than on my wrist.
smile.gif

No. Too expensive.

I don't really think I'd like it either. The phone does texts, e-mails and other info already.

I'll keep my cheap $70 Citizen. I'm not a big fan of always whipping my phone out and checking it for the time. That in itself seems to take more time (and probably battery) and is more of a pain than just looking at my wrist.

First world problems.

Going to wait until Android ones come out as competition, probably be less expensive and better from the big name android phone makers. And for me, it must be a phone not just a phone accessory so that by wearing it I no longer need to carry a separate phone.

If you have to charge it(guessing yes) it seems like another hassle in life. I like my smartphone but charging it daily is a pain.

It's not made for the average consumer, Apple isn't really targeting every day people.

I'll buy one, but not this year. I'll buy the second generation once it's released next year.

Originally Posted By: Turk
Apple Watch = Edsel.

IMHO...

Mine too. Big and ugly. No thanks Tim Cook.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Anyone going to bite?

My biggest issue is that I want a watch to always give me the time. I have a Seiko kinetic that goes 6 to 8 years before it needs a new power cell. My cell phones on the other hand seem to never be fully charged and I leave them somewhere for a day or so and then the battery is dead. Clearly I could be more rigorous about keeping my cell phones charged, but I am not.

So a watch that must need to be charged to me does not seem like a good fit.

Everyone should buy one, but I own stock in the company
smile.gif
. I have a watch and a cell phone. I think I will pass for now.

I had to Google it to find out what it even does. Nope, I would never buy one. Not once in my life did I wish my watch would recieve texts or monitor my daily activity, so I can't see how this would improve my life at all.

I read somewhere that when most new products that come out, the marketers job is to convince people that they NEED this new product, even when they clearly don't (as evidenced by going their entire lives just fine without it). In other words, necessity is NOT the mother of invention. It's more like: invent something first, then "create" the necessity. I'm not falling for it.

I'd like to get one as it is Leading Edge Technology in the GURU world. Unfortunately I am not one of those and money is the object. Ed

Last edited:
It is a fashion item...to show they haven't got anything better to spend $400 on and those that love new tech/have to have the latest piece of gear...it would be latest the ultimate Apple "look-at-me" fanboy prize.

In all seriousness, its not just Apple, Samsung wouldn't fare any better. I tire of societies need to be always connected. The size and functionality is just not something I am into, probably not alone on that one. Just another thing to charge everyday...no thanks.

See Youtube: Apple watch sucks by Smosh for comical relief.

I don't wear any jewelry at all, never have. Maybe I have the same mindset as Princess Grace in the movie " To Catch a Thief". When asked by Carey Grant why she never wore any jewelry her response was " I don't like cold things next to my skin" ....

So for me, No to the Apple watch, even if they gave it to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back