2-Cycle Oil-Mixing Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a tool to mix 2-cycle oil at different ratios easily. Anyone have either (or both) of these and can give some feedback on which is better? Or a suggestion of a different, better tool maybe.. Thanks!
smile.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-31777-Oil-Mixing-Syringe/dp/B00LTX81EY/

http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-10111-2-Cycle-Oil-Mixing-Tool/dp/B000G72U0K/

Buy a QT of 40:1 premix and 50:1 premix and use that.

Or the containers where you can squeeze say 1 oz into the spout and dump the spout into the gas.

One of my priorities is to keep things that measure or direct the flow of oil (funnel) pristine. I did an oil change on my Jeep, after the oil change the funnel went into dishwasher, then into a zip lock bag.

Years ago when they had metal oil cans, they had a metal spout with a built-in punch can opener. You jammed this spout onto the top of the oil can then poured through the spout. When done, they would hang it on the rim of a garbage can waiting for the next time it was needed. I wonder how dirty or wet those spouts got.

I just use a glass measuring cup. I think it was $1.25 at Walmart. If that's too high you could go with the plastic one for under $1.

back when i was putting TC-W3 to the gas, i looked at both of those, but ended up finding (on clearance for about $2), a "Flavor Injector" in the grilling section. basically an oversized syringe, marked out in ounces.

if i had stuck with it, the ideal unit i came up with would have been an empty Sta-Bil Bottle. but i didn't want to buy one, and just dump the sta-bil, and i gave up on doping the gas after much longer anyway.

I use an empty MMO bottle and fill it 16 ounces of tc-w3 and 16 ounces of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner. Shake and blend well....then while at the pump.....empty the amount needed into a empty Gumout Regane bottle with the measurement in ounce on the side.

For me, at a 15 gallon fill up.....I empty a six ounce bottle into the gas tank before filling. Then I have a 50/50 mix of the blend for each tank of gas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mehullica
Works great--http://www.amazon.com/Ratio-Rite-28-1111-Ratio-Rite-Measuring/dp/B000I1YLGK

The Ratio Rite looks like a great tool for this purpose. I read that it only goes up to 70:1 though... Amsoil's Saber Pro can be mixed at 80:1 or 100:1. Do they make one with those ratios available? I didn't see it when I searched for it..

Originally Posted By: cb_13
I just use a glass measuring cup. I think it was $1.25 at Walmart. If that's too high you could go with the plastic one for under $1.

+1, thats what weve done forever.

Do you have kids? Then like me, you probably have 50 leftover syringes from all the medicine they need every time they get sick. I use the larger 10mL one to mix up 40:1 in a 1 gallon can for the edger and weed whacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back