NASA scientist:1 year California water supply left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I am not trying to tear you down,.....

Quote:

I know what my IQ is (I too am "brilliant" as is my sister, my mother, my grandfather, his father...etc) and I've read works by Hawking and many of his peers.

Quote:

You are simply not equipped to make the judgement you are trying to pass here.

Quote:

If you understood this stuff, you wouldn't be making the kinds of statements you are making. But since you don't, you do.

Really?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I am not trying to tear you down,.....

Quote:

I know what my IQ is (I too am "brilliant" as is my sister, my mother, my grandfather, his father...etc) and I've read works by Hawking and many of his peers.

Quote:

You are simply not equipped to make the judgement you are trying to pass here.

Quote:

If you understood this stuff, you wouldn't be making the kinds of statements you are making. But since you don't, you do.

Really?

Really. Do the reading, truly comprehend the subject matter, and then you'll understand why it is silly to make such a basic judgement. You aren't equipped to try and do it because you lack the knowledge. It isn't an insult, it is a fact. I say that because I know how complex it is and anybody who does wouldn't make that kind of statement.

Don't take it as an affront to your intelligence but rather an observation made in light of your obvious lack of knowledge of the material. This is an opportunity to understand that you've made a rash and uneducated statement/judgement and now can learn from it so that you don't do it again going forward. This is a chance to learn more about a topic you are obviously interested in but haven't read up on.

It is easy to make a black and white statement. It is exceedingly difficult to measure and contrast genius. You'll appreciate that once you understand it
smile.gif

Really?

No disrespect, but Einstein's General and Special Theory of Relativety launched Quantum Mechanics, which became established in 1927. Without understanding of quantum Mechanics we would be in the horse and buggy age. Every modern device we use to day depends on Quantum Mechanics..
You are frankly out of yhour league. No disrespect. Quantum Mechanics is acurate to the point that its inaccuracy between NY and Sanfancisco is the thickness of a human hair compared to that distance.

The more you read the more you appreciate the brilliance of Einstein. His General Theory of relativity is responsible for GPS..clocks run slow in areas of higher gravity and Special Theory Explains relative movement. Clocks associated with GPS have to correct for this..else in a minute or so GPS would be off miles.

Last edited:
I don't deny that he is brilliant, but his realm is restricted to the non-tangible. Name one concrete, tangible invention which touches all our lives that Einstein created.

Also Einstein's theories have come into question including that of light speed. He may well be wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Really?

No disrespect, but Einstein's General and Special Theory of Relativety launched Quantum Mechanics, which became established in 1927. Without understanding of quantum Mechanics we would be in the horse and buggy age. Every modern device we use to day depends on Quantum Mechanics..
You are frankly out of yhour league. No disrespect. Quantum Mechanics is acurate to the point that its inaccuracy between NY and Sanfancisco is the thickness of a human hair compared to that distance.

The more you read the more you appreciate the brilliance of Einstein. His General Theory of relativity is responsible for GPS..clocks run slow in areas of higher gravity and Special Theory Explains relative movement. Clocks associated with GPS have to correct for this..else in a minute or so GPS would be off miles.

And you have only touched on but one item!
smile.gif
My sister (a PhD theoretical mathematician) deals with things every day that were borne of Einstein's contributions.

His work also set the foundation for Hawking's on black holes, space and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back