Lets see the cars!!!!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Jcp123
If there were a way to upload directly, I'd show off my stable.
It only takes maybe 15 seconds if you go to tinypic.com and copy and paste the link given.

? Forgive me, I am only 30 and grew up in Silicon Valley, but (perhaps as my rebellion) I am rather uninformed on this stuff...is this supposed to work with iPhone? Computer got fried a couple of years ago and haven't replaced it yet. It's not accepting my my "real person" authentication.

I miss when you could actually upload a photo to a site...this makes stuff harder.

Last edited:
THE Fishin' Rig:

ok4enc.jpg

If there were a way to upload directly, I'd show off my stable.
It only takes maybe 15 seconds if you go to tinypic.com and copy and paste the link given.

? Forgive me, I am only 30 and grew up in Silicon Valley, but (perhaps as my rebellion) I am rather uninformed on this stuff...is this supposed to work with iPhone? Computer got fried a couple of years ago and haven't replaced it yet. It's not accepting my my "real person" authentication.

I miss when you could actually upload a photo to a site...this makes stuff harder.
I only use it on my iPhone. I don't ever log on here with a computer.

I don't think there is a way to directly upload. I use photo bucket app and load images into it and then past the image path into a post here. I wish BITOG had Tapatalk support, as the app would handle image upload for you.

Hehe, I'm glad I found this thread. Y'all have some nice vehicles
smile.gif

First, here's my truck - my 2001 Ford F150 XLT with the 5.4L Triton V8 (hence my username)...

1e4bcda7d4.jpg

Second, here's the show car - our 1989 Chevy Camaro RS with the 305 TBI V8...

36c1f72583.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality in the first pic - my phone doesn't take good pics.

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
Hehe, I'm glad I found this thread. Y'all have some nice vehicles
smile.gif

First, here's my truck - my 2001 Ford F150 XLT with the 5.4L Triton V8 (hence my username)...

1e4bcda7d4.jpg

Second, here's the show car - our 1989 Chevy Camaro RS with the 305 TBI V8...

36c1f72583.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality in the first pic - my phone doesn't take good pics.

~ Triton

So the camaro is a 5.0. Throttle body fuel injection. Amazing how engines have evolved.
I remember the first time I saw the intake on my 89 ram as a kid. The jets on top of a carb basically.
Funny thing though. The fuel delivery system was very basic which helped contribute to never having any problems with it,even after 450k on the odo.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
So the camaro is a 5.0. Throttle body fuel injection. Amazing how engines have evolved.
I remember the first time I saw the intake on my 89 ram as a kid. The jets on top of a carb basically.
Funny thing though. The fuel delivery system was very basic which helped contribute to never having any problems with it,even after 450k on the odo.

Yessir, she's got the throttle body injection.

Yah, the fuel delivery system of the TBI typically doesn't have many problems, but there's of course the rule of thumb catch about it, and any car - if it sits too long it's bound to have issues.

Story time (yes, it's relevant to the thread)...

See, the Camaro used to be my mom's daily. My parents bought it before I was born, brand new off the showroom floor back in '89. They had previously had an early 80s Camaro that was the base V6, but since that was just mom's (old) old daily driver, the V6 was fine... but what was special about that car (to my parents) was that it was the [California?] Gold color. They loved that color. They sold it to one of their friend's sons, as they had been wanting something newer.

So, when my parents bought the Camaro we have now, they were looking for something similar. Thing is, what's funny is that my dad didn't particularly like the color scheme. It's white (obviously) with a red cloth interior. I can't remember what interior he wanted, but the red cloth wasn't his first choice --- but, at the time it was all the dealer had that somewhat caught my parents' attention. So, dad said to the dealer, something along the lines of "sticker price out the door, and I'll buy it." It was around $14,000 to $15,000 sticker price, and dad didn't want any added costs tacked on. The dealer was hesitant, so dad started walking out, saying, "alright, your loss" or something. The dealer said "wait... okay. You bought it. Sticker price out the door." And that was that.

Then, when my parents adopted me as a newborn in 94, mom needed a more family friendly car... So the Camaro changed from a daily, into a showcar. Most of the time it sat in the garage besides for summers, and that's basically what it still is. We keep it garaged until carshow season in the summer, and then we get it out. It's all original, and still under 50k miles.

Now, back to the rule of thumb - since it sits a lot, we've gone through a lot of parts. Water pumps, alternators, etc... I keep telling dad we need to drive it more often. I don't like seeing our cars sit and rot! But of course, insurance isn't cheap. Luckily now since it's 25 years old+, we've got antique plates that cost half the price of regular plates.

Anywho, it does get driven in the summer a decent amount. I love it. The only complaint I could have is that I don't like the gear ratio and shift points GM gave it (yah, she's an automatic). Sure, it's lowest powered V8 GM had that the Camaro could get, but still... I can cut nearly a second off the 0-60 time if I manually shift the automatic from first to second, revving to 5k instead of 4.5k RPMs. The engine really does have potential; the TPI version of the 305 has 25 more HP and 40 more ft-lb/TQ (automatic) than the TBI - and, the manual version has 50 more HP! Our TBI auto has 170 HP, and 255 foot pounds of torque. It's not slow, but, it ain't fast comparatively, either. But nonetheless, it's a nice car. I'm glad we've kept it in such nice condition.

~ Triton

Here's our two. First is my main car, a 2000 Buick Regal GS. 5th owner, and have owned since May of 2011. Had 107k when I bought it, now it's pushing 180k on the original drivetrain. Slowly beginning to have factory parts fail in the suspension, so I'll be doing those as the money/time allows. Just put on new(to me) wheels and tires off of a Grand Prix GTP. The original Buick wheels were chrome peeling badly. I had lots of plans and mods planned...but ended up selling them because I drive this car too much for work to start messing with it. Had headers, intercooler, smaller supercharger pulley, etc...

It has a few minor things now, a 3" downpipe with no cat or resonator to a Borla muffler...4" K&N cone intake, and colder spark plugs. Now I just want to push 200k!

hph...amp;oe=55E7DE9F

My wife's 2009 Chevy Impala LT. A bad picture, but it's the only one I have. We bought it in August of 2014 with 42k, and has just now turned 51k. The family car now that my wife has a nicer car than me LOL

hph...amp;oe=55E8AE9A

Edit: why don't my pictures show up?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Haven't seen this one for a bit.
Figured I would bump it.
Everyone is clean, well except for the Equinox...
IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

Love everyone of those cars! Every one of them is a fantastic machine. All excellent engines and all excellent body styles.

I see you proudly wear the Bowtie at your house.

Love everyone of those cars! Every one of them is a fantastic machine. All excellent engines and all excellent body styles.

I see you proudly wear the Bowtie at your house.

Yeah I am a GM guy. I have had one 1996 Accord, Eh, one 1992 Sentra, Eh, one 2002 Jetta TDI, I don't have time to tell you about it, and a bunch of MoPars. I liked my Mopars.

These three vehicles here have been excellent. Truck tows my favorite thing in this picture. The Passport. Spend lots of time with family and friends in that thing. My kids love it!

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Haven't seen this one for a bit.
Figured I would bump it.
Everyone is clean, well except for the Equinox...
IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

I never tire of seeing your T/A and I am starting to like that Grand Prix. Can't find clean examples of either here. Well, you can find someone with a clean T/A but they want $20,000 for it

How does the 6.0 tow? I'm assuming it's a 4L80-E? Dad just purchased an '02 2500 with a 6.0 and the aforementioned transmission. He'll be towing cars with it.

Originally Posted By: 04SE

I never tire of seeing your T/A and I am starting to like that Grand Prix. Can't find clean examples of either here. Well, you can find someone with a clean T/A but they want $20,000 for it

Well thank you for the kind words. Pretty easy to keep them up out here in Washington. The climate is easy on them, plus everyone(well except the truck) has a garage to sleep in.

Back