Meguin Products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so to start with, I'm using the oil in my signature and am quite happy with it.
Only problem is my bike has done at least 63k km's / 39k miles (that's what the odo says, I'm not the first owner) and it's consuming some. 2 litres/quarts within the 6000km/3700mile OCI to be exact, and I'm thinking about moving to 20w-50.
I have found a universal 20w-50 oil that's API SL/CF rated, along with Allison C-4, Caterpillar TO-2 and ACEA A3/B4-04. It's a Meguin product, which is a German company, owned by Liqui Moly.
Click for their website.
Anyone have any experience and/or opinion about them? The product is reasonably priced, but I don't want to use it if it's inferior to the one I'm using now.

Nobody? OK
Upon some further research I've found that this company also produces a fully synthetic (remember Grp.III doesn't count as synthetic in Germany) 10w-60 motorcycle-specific oil which is claimed to meet JASO MA2. This is interesting because to meet it, a 10w-60 is required to stay in grade during the ASTM D6278 shear stability test.
Opinions? Is it even possible?

I've never seen this brand in the USA. I can't recall seeing it in Europe, either. But then I wasn't paying specific attention to lubricants while in various Countries in Europe.

It seems to be a reputable company. I'd probably try their oil, if I had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back