When to do 1st oil Change on 6.7L ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ABChop
I have been running T6 5w-40 in past past 2 F350's with good reports from Blackstone.
Now that Shell makes a T6 0w-40 was thinking of trying that or if they recomend a 30w oil maybe
try Mobil Delvac™ Elite 222 0W-30 ??

The only real concern I'd have is that the 5w-40 in Rotella and Delvac 1 varieties have more builder approvals and the higher TBN. Email Imperial Oil and see what they think - maybe they'll stand behind the 0w-30 in the engine.

Is Chevron Delo 5W-40 available up north?

It carries the Cummins CES 20081, but I'm not sure about the Ford spec.

But if T6 has been working for you in the past, there's no reason to look anywhere else.

Yes 5w-40 will work fine.
I just thought seems how Ford recommends a 30w oil maybe the knew what they were talking about and I'd try one.

When I got my 6.7L I changed oil the first time at about 1,800 miles. Since then I've been using Blackstone Labs oil analysis to determine OCI; currently using 16k miles for my next change interval.

Change it the first time the same way you plan to change it all of the time. No need to do any early change. Follow the oil life monitor or even go further. I have a fleet of wreckers and serive trucks w the 6.7. We go 12k mile OCIs and my wreckers never, ever see thr highway. We abuse them and run them 24/7. When I get new one in my fleet we don't change oil early. I get 300-350k from a stroke before selling it to a second tier operator. If you change your oil early seriously send it to me. I'll run partially used oil in my trucks and save the money you are wasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back