Collinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I realized I had left a new bottle of Colinite liquid wax in my garage this winter and although it was thawed now I'm sure it froze solid over the cold months is it still good or should I chuck it out and buy a new bottle?

It's petrol based. Although it solidifies below about 77F, its freezing point is much lower. As long as your gasoline didn't freeze, your Collinite didn't either.

If the wax still looks fine, keep'em!
In the past, I have had paste waxes that froze over the winter and turned to a cottage cheese texture. Although, it performed fine and I used it up, I didn't let this happen again.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
If the wax still looks fine, keep'em!
In the past, I have had paste waxes that froze over the winter and turned to a cottage cheese texture. Although, it performed fine and I used it up, I didn't let this happen again.

great advice!

Well, thank you, it was easy!
smile.gif

Will probably need to warm it up (set the whole bottle in a pan of very warm/almost hot water for 5-10 minutes and then shake the living [censored] out of it. Rather/rinse/repeat.

Will likely be fine.

use it if the alternative is to buy another bottle of the same stuff.

Ditch it if you had other waxes you wanted to try instead

The 845 tech sheet says to discard if exposed to freezing temperatures.

Is this 845 about the best wax one can find online for the price? I would like to eventually try a "geek" wax. I have gold class, nxt, tw ice, and some nufinish(although it is relegated to chrome) that i need to use up.

Just looking for a wax that makes paint healthier and buffs off lightly. But another thing that matters to me is my health. Which waxes are non toxic and wont cause a headache if you happened to use it indoors. That is my criteria: preserved beauty, ease of removal, and pleasant smelling.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
The 845 tech sheet says to discard if exposed to freezing temperatures.

Is this 845 about the best wax one can find online for the price? I would like to eventually try a "geek" wax. I have gold class, nxt, tw ice, and some nufinish(although it is relegated to chrome) that i need to use up.

Just looking for a wax that makes paint healthier and buffs off lightly. But another thing that matters to me is my health. Which waxes are non toxic and wont cause a headache if you happened to use it indoors. That is my criteria: preserved beauty, ease of removal, and pleasant smelling.

That's an interesting set of requirements. Most waxes/sealants/coatings contain some form of solvent.

Paint does not become healthier as a result of a wax/sealant/coating. Beauty is also not the result of it - the paint prep (clay, chemical fall-out removal) and paint condition (amount of swirls, haze, marring) will determine this. Most waxes/sealants have an oil content which will give a "just waxed" look that fades after a few washes. But a properly prepped and maintained finish will always look great - regardless of what's on it.

I just saw online that AAP carries it.

Not requirements, i just dont want to get nauseous using it. I'll probably look around locally for the insulator wax. The glaze was very tempting to try since they say the polish is what gives the looks, while the waxis what preserves the finish. I have no intention to use a buffer, i just want those cobwebs gone that you can see at that certain angle when the sun is at high noon!

This will be my first time using clay....wash, dry, clay,wipe, wax

Collinite does make a cleaner wax - #126, but they don't suggest it for darker colored vehicles. That should help maintain paint.

I've seen the 845 at my local Harbor Freight, but it isn't listed on their web site. I did end up getting the 476 paste I'm using from Amazon with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back