2015 Camry XSE 2.5 Oil Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me choose a oil for this car. The 2 that I am thinking about are Mobil ! AFE and Mobil ! Extended performance. They seem to be the same price. The manual says
to use 0W20 with a 8000km(5000 mile) or 6 month oil change. Also do you think the 6 months is to long for the climate in Canada?

Suggest you consider Mobil 1 0W-20 EP and change the oil every 8K or 6 months to keep your warranty, your car engine, and your peace of mind ... happy.

EP's basestock has double the amount of PAO (true synthetic properties) than regular Mobil 1, plus 15% more detergents for cleaning.

While regular Mobil 1 is fine for your application, upgrading to EP for the same price is a bargain.

Based on MSDS sheets I have seen, Mobil 1 AFE has an equal blend of Group 3 and Group 4 (PAO) oils (30%-<40% of each). Mobil 1 EP is a mostly Group 4 oil (60%-70%). Either would be good, but since they are usually the same price the EP seems like the better choice.

Check with your Toyota Dealer parts counter on their price for TGMO 0W-20. In Ontario can be had for $5.70 per liter.
Can't beat that price and oil performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back