Deadblow hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw one in Ocean State Job Lot last weekend, 24oz for $5. Almost bought it, then saw a 3lb one for $20. Since I "need" this mostly for knocking loose wheels it dawned on me that bigger is better--but I was leery of spending $20 on no-name tools. So, is there some reason why I should spend more on a hammer, or is even Chinese ok here?

These things get so beat so quick up its not worth buying anything high end IMO.
I use them for knocking calipers loose, struts off the knuckle, all sorts of stuff that you don't want to hit with a metal hammer.

Just like these hammers with rubber/plastic replaceable heads, thats great just try and find the heads alone. LOL

Good to know. Would $20 be a decent price, or should I shop more?

Thats okay, i think i paid about the same for one from Lowe's. Its lasted a few years, its looking like it went through a war but is still in one piece.
When it breaks i will just buy another. I treat it as though its disposable.

I bought this one .

Originally Posted By: andyd
For stuck wheels, I use an 8' 4x4. Works great.

True, I have one of those in the woods. A bit unweildly, but cheap.

I've been using my Snap On dead blow for 25 years. It's still in decent shape. Sometimes it is worth paying the extra.

Claud.

HF has a 4# for 12$

but it has this amazing "feature"

4 lb. Neon Orange Dead Blow Hammer
SKU 41800
Brand Pittsburgh
Head weight (oz.) 4 lb.
Product Weight 4 lbs.
Shipping Weight 3.43 lb.

yes the head is 4lb the handle weighs nothing and when you ship it.. it becomes .57lb lighter to save you shipping.

Originally Posted By: Rand
HF has a 4# for 12$

but it has this amazing "feature"

4 lb. Neon Orange Dead Blow Hammer
SKU 41800
Brand Pittsburgh
Head weight (oz.) 4 lb.
Product Weight 4 lbs.
Shipping Weight 3.43 lb.

yes the head is 4lb the handle weighs nothing and when you ship it.. it becomes .57lb lighter to save you shipping.

ROFL

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Buy a Trusty-Cook and help put dinner on the table for an American family somewhere...

http://www.trustycook.com/

That looks exactly like the snap-on that I got for free when I made a purchase once.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
For $50 bucks it sure should put dinner on the table.

Im sure youd rather it be a government handout? Or would you prefer the firing squad?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Im sure youd rather it be a government handout? Or would you prefer the firing squad?

Thanks a bunch guy. I appreciate your concern for a disabled vet.

Or would you prefer the firing squad?

What the heck is that remark supposed to mean.

Thanks a bunch guy. I appreciate your concern for a disabled vet.

How do you connect one to the other? Makes zero sense. Youve tried that before - non starter.

Buying stuff made here DOES keep people employed and food on their table. Simple as that. It has nothing to do at all with who you are or what your history is. Playing victim doesnt hold water here.

As weve discussed umpteen times (with your obvious lack of caring about it, despite never ending snide remarks), money spent here stays here better and keeps people here employed.

You know what you can do about it? Not much!

Great attitude.

So back on topic, hopefully with no more snide remarks.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Buy a Trusty-Cook and help put dinner on the table for an American family somewhere...

http://www.trustycook.com/

I agree 100%. Since they have a softer face, if I hit something hard, I ususally just use a think piece of wood to prevent direct metal damage. Not an issue with wheels and tires Id think...

Gotta keep the longshoreman employed also!

Don't like my outlook? Tough.

You aren't going to change it, despite your never ending snide remarks, works both ways, guy.

Like I said, what can you do about it? Little to nothing. Not everyone needs or wants a $50 dollar dead blow 4 lb. hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back