Cut down on coffee , any soup receipt to bring to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will quit drinking coffee for a while. I been drinking coffee every morning for the last 10+ years. Last year or so I been note I been drinking 3-4 cup a day
eek.gif

I alway carry a 1 quart thermo bottles with coffee every morning, it keep my coffee hot for 12+ hours. Now Im thinking switch to something more healthy , like home made soup. Any of you have a good home made soup, that would like to share, that I can bring to work, im still using that 1 quart thermo bottle I use to put coffee in, now for soup
smile.gif

Please dont ask me why not just drink 1 cup a day, well I dont want drink coffee any more , I dont think coffee is helping me, it just made me want it more and more
smile.gif

Best of luck to you! Many here and elsewhere are cutting down or quitting caffeine. I have cut down on caffeine myself. I just haven't eliminated it completely!

I did stop drinking alcohol though!

Try hot water and cinnamon or lemon OR Something!

Last edited:
Sometimes soup can be the devil of the two. Lots of sodium in soup. Might just want to make sure that the soup you make isn't loaded with salt.

Lots recipes on the internet.

You will feel terrible for a few days getting away from the caffeine. My advice is go slowly. Start with half decaf, then go to full decaf. I've been drinking vanilla chai or hot chocolate lately as a substitute for coffee.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Caffeine isn't the devil it's made out to be.

Big yes on that. Now that focused studies are being done, coffee is being found to be proterctive against a lot of nasty stuff, like vascular disease, alzheimer's, diabetes, others. I quit drinking cofee a while in the 90s - truly miserable "kicking it" - but I did find my energy levels stabilized and became less dependent upon that "boost" afterward. B\ut later when I learned about it in detail (I went to medical school), I started drinking it again. I keep it to 2/3 cups a day and morning and early afternoon.

Last edited:
I like making batches of the vegetable soup from P90x. I find it a good way to get more veggies into my diet, and you can control the sodium content by using a low-sodium broth as the base. I'll make a batch on a weekend when I have time to do the prep work, and freeze portions in those screw-top Ziploc containers. However, I would note it is significantly more chunky than coffee, so it may not be a great replacement option.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O

Big yes on that. Now that focused studies are being done, coffee is being found to be proterctive against a lot of nasty stuff, like vascular disease, alzheimer's, diabetes, others. I quit drinking cofee a while in the 90s - truly miserable "kicking it" - but I did find my energy levels stabilized and became less dependent upon that "boost" afterward. B\ut later when I learned about it in detail (I went to medical school), I started drinking it again. I keep it to 2/3 cups a day and morning and early afternoon.

I read the same thing. Dam, if you didn't eat or drink half of what they said is bad for you would friggin starve.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Oro_O

I read the same thing. Dam, if you didn't eat or drink half of what they said is bad for you would friggin starve.

Doesn't it seem like like what is good and bad for you changes all the time too? Personally I'm a bear for a couple hours after waking up without a cup of coffee, I can function fine, it's just tough to get going right away.

It can be for people with certain conditions like high blood pressure or anxiety.

metalslug, I completely stopped drinking coffee and switched to decaf tea. Just plain old green or black tea with a teaspoon of honey. Give that a try; it's good stuff.

Last edited:
Try something like this.

Soup in a can is like wet cardboard with salt.

Once you get by with your first batch of chicken soup you can make just about anything you can think up.

Good food is more expensive and time consuming in the short run but a screaming good deal in the long run.

Soup is not a coffee substitute. Try switching to tea, black, green or herbal.

I still drink coffee sometimes because I think it is good for me on a limited basis, but most days I drink 2-3 cups of strong high quality black tea with dash of honey, 1/8 ts Ceylon cinnamon, and squirt of lemon. Having some right now actually.

Last edited:
Your coffee consumption is probably at a level that is doing you more good than harm.
I have about the same level of coffee consumption.
If you want something good to drink that is probably also good for you, try V-8.
I always have some in my refrigerator at work and usually have a couple of glasses of it a day.

I have 1 cup home made Cappuccino a day in the morning and not about to give it up. I make it a little strong with about 10 grams of Espresso or Italian roast.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

It can be for people with certain conditions like high blood pressure or anxiety.

metalslug, I completely stopped drinking coffee and switched to decaf tea. Just plain old green or black tea with a teaspoon of honey. Give that a try; it's good stuff.

Thank you I will give tea a try . Any brand you may suggest ? something I can find locally ( walmart ... ) lipton....

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Soup is not a coffee substitute. Try switching to tea, black, green or herbal.

I still drink coffee sometimes because I think it is good for me on a limited basis, but most days I drink 2-3 cups of strong high quality black tea with dash of honey, 1/8 ts Ceylon cinnamon, and squirt of lemon. Having some right now actually.

I can try this receipt, what brand are you using for your tea ?

Chicken Noodle Soup

10 cups water
Chicken breast with skin and bone
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Chicken Bullion.. 5 to 10 cubes depending on how salty.
cook 1 hour
Remove skin and bones..cut the chicken into pieces
add 10oz (uncooked) noodles and continue to boil

When noodles are done add cut up chicken or extra corn if desired.

wife has been tweeking this for many years..she's 68.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back