Purple Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not trying to discredit you for using MMO. Just wondering if you were the same person.
cheers3.gif

With regards to starting a post to discuss the merits of that additive, there is no need as you did that already when you posted the MMO UOA with high copper.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
No, not trying to discredit you for using MMO. Just wondering if you were the same person.
cheers3.gif

With regards to starting a post to discuss the merits of that additive, there is no need as you did that already when you posted the MMO UOA with high copper.

The copper (which wasnt that high) is just the byproduct of aging motor, operating in city conditions. Has nothing to do with MMO. What is my fault is running conventional for 5k miles in that magnum engine. That wont happen again. There have been multiple threads on here about MMO and many here seem to be afraid to join due to fear of retaliation. It is a good product, with a strong following. But we are getting off topic.

Last edited:
so if you add this stuff to a 50/50 mix, Purple Ice claims a 6 degree reduction. So how do you even know if you have a 6 degree coolant temperature reduction? I sure hope your not looking at the gauge. You would need a pretty accurate thermocouple to see 6 degrees.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
so if you add this stuff to a 50/50 mix, Purple Ice claims a 6 degree reduction. So how do you even know if you have a 6 degree coolant temperature reduction? I sure hope your not looking at the gauge. You would need a pretty accurate thermocouple to see 6 degrees.

Note also that was on a baseline coolant temperature of 228F, some 68F above the thermostat open point, and which stage the coolant temperature is really out of control already.

Apologies for the late reply, I had to go on the naughty step for my unacceptable language. Although, give the moderator used the same language when putting me on the naughty step, it can't be all that unacceptable....

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: PhillipM
As opposed to someone that just comes into the thread, tells everybody they don't need it, makes no effort to discuss the product, and just keeps cutting in with his own jabs and no facts too?

Being mr. "on topic" doesn't mean you get to make up your own facts. Statements like most cars have undersized radiators and electric fans are somehow proof of your imaginations about radiator capacity did not prove a thing for or against the topic.

They were simply wrong. All I did was correct the misinformation you provided.

Got a problem with being wrong? Don't expect any mercy here. Make correct and fact based comments and no one will call you out on them. And neither yourself or anyone else is allowed to bring baloney here....

Okay, you keep telling me I'm talking rubbish, and the 'fact' is that I'm wrong.
Then prove it, show me. Instead of just talking about how people can't keep bringing 'balony' on here....

...I'll give you a good, fun one to start off with. Many vehicles have different cooling systems for American spec vehicles vs European spec vehicles, a few have different systems again for the middle east. Some even have different cooling setups just for the UK.
If OEM setups are, in your mind, perfect for EVERY conceivable use, then why run different systems at all, surely they don't need them, they never overheat, they're perfect....

Originally Posted By: philipp10

That's quite an assumption. How would you know the thermostat is ever wide open?

Why would I not? I know the temperature it opens and shuts at, I know how long it takes to open, and I know the temperature of the water flowing through the housing. Humour me and assume it was.

Last edited:
The above is a perfect example of your lack of comprehension when it comes to others posts. At no time ANYWHERE did I state that all OEM cooling systems were perfect for every conceivable use.

I very carefully qualified my comments to reflect that there are specifications regarding the loads involved. Within those specs only please.

And BTW, it seems fairly obvious that the cooling systems are optimized for their intended markets...

So, within that, it is more than possible that, for some uses, the OEM cooling system is underspecified for what the vehicle will be doing, as the system is optimised for the intended vehicle use, which, in most circumstances, means more than half vehicle power is only used for a few % of the operating period and/or for short bursts? No?

So, if you wished to operate a vehicle near it's full power output for any significant period, the vast majority of vehicles cooling systems are not designed to deal with that, they are undersized for the power output, even if they aren't undersized for the vast majority of the intended/conceived use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back