DODGE DAKOTA TRANS PAN 1994

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
I have a 1994 2wd v-6 PS AT AC Dakota standard cab. I need a new trans pan.Dorman sell a 265-827 which some say will fit. Dorman tech support say NO because they don't list 94 trucks although it seems to be same trans. After discussion they say it also has a deeper pan and "may fit" but not clear because its 2wd. I don't know about the crossmember clearance but I normally use 235/75 15 on factory alloys and the truck sits significantly. Oddly enough, I also have 215/75 15 snows on later factory alloys - never installed. Dorman say pan fits later Dakotas and RAM 1500, 2500, etc. for sure. Thoughts? I've seen both ways and have not found an exact year match. Thanks!

You have a 42RH (A-500), Genuine Mopar pans are Cheap, Dorman....Well anything, Is just cheaply made.

Mopar part# 52118806, Can be had for $40-$50.

Later, Deeper 46RE/47RE pans will fit you 42RH as long as the exhaust isn't in the way.

Be sure to adjust the Rear Band while the pan is off, Adjust the Front Band also...Though it is done from the outside.

thank you, esp. clinebarger! the local Dodge dealer said they (52118806) had on order for several months and no supply available but he gave me several #800 numbers that might have old NOS stock. They can't get the dipstick tube either.
NOW, Dorman said no joy because of "not in catalog" BUT also said deeper pan might fit if cleared ground and crossmember AND used a filter kit that bolted higher as the newer one did. Holding a few extra quarts sounds very appealing and less complex than an oil cooler - I don't tow but always try HD when possible (have HD wp and fan clutch).
NOW: adjusting the rear band and also the front band? U -tube or similar source?

Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
thank you, esp. clinebarger! the local Dodge dealer said they (52118806) had on order for several months and no supply available but he gave me several #800 numbers that might have old NOS stock. They can't get the dipstick tube either.
NOW, Dorman said no joy because of "not in catalog" BUT also said deeper pan might fit if cleared ground and crossmember AND used a filter kit that bolted higher as the newer one did. Holding a few extra quarts sounds very appealing and less complex than an oil cooler - I don't tow but always try HD when possible (have HD wp and fan clutch).
NOW: adjusting the rear band and also the front band? U -tube or similar source?

Here's a pan HERE

You can surely find a how to on the band adjustments, Heres the procedure....

Front (Kickdown) Band....
1. Loosen band adjusting screw locknut, It is located above the front cooler line fitting.
2.Back locknut out three to five turns, ensuring adjusting screw rotates freely in transmission case. Use suitable lubricant on threads, if necessary.
3.Use a 0-100 in.lb. torque wrench to set adjusting screw. A 5/16 in.12 point socket , or crowfoot wrench will be required to turn adjusting screw.

CAUTION: If adapter extension C-3705 must be used to reach adjuster screw, tighten screw to only 5 N.m (47-50 in.lb.) torque.

3.Tighten band adjusting screw to 8 N.m (72 in.lbs.) , then back screw as follows:
•On 32RH-42RH, back off adjusting screw 2-1/4 turns.
•On 36RH/37R-46RH, back off adjusting screw 2-7/8 turns.
•On 47RH, back off adjusting screw 1-7/8 turns.
4.Hold adjusting screw in position and tighten locknut to 41 N.m (30 ft.lbs.)

Rear (Lo/Reverse) Band...
This is the adjustment inside the pan.
(1) Raise vehicle.
(2) Remove transmission oil pan and drain fluid.
(3) Loosen band adjusting screw locknut 5-6 turns. Be sure adjusting screw turns freely in lever.
(4) Tighten adjusting screw to 8 N.m (72 in. lbs.) torque
(5) Complete band adjustment as follows:
•On 32RH-42RH, back off adjusting screw four turns.
•On 36RH/37R-46RH, back off adjusting screw two turns.
•On 47RH, back off adjusting screw three turns.

(6) Hold adjusting screw in place and tighten locknut to 34 N.m (25 ft. lbs.) torque.
(7) Position new gasket on oil pan and install pan on transmission. Tighten pan bolts to 17 N.m (13 ft. lbs.) torque.

I was wrong in my first post, A-500/A-904 pans are different than A-727,A-518,A-618. Sorry about that, They are so similar to build...I had a brain [censored].

Edit, Since when was the slang word for flatulence a censored word?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back