Are these stock or aftermarket wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these stock wheels off of some other model, or are they aftermarket? If they're stock, I can't place what model that they came on.

00S0S_4PlnSwP0AN2_600x450.jpg

They are stock, but possibly off a different year. The GMT 900's of that year were the only 1/2 ton pickup that offered 6 lug wheels. GM has different wheel options for different parts of the country from time to time. I was in Seattle last year and I saw what appeared to be a very common wheel style on a Silverado that I have never seen on one in Ohio. I went to a showroom in Tacoma, and sure enough, that style was in the sales brochure.

For some reason 2014+ GMC/Silverado wheels look awesome on older trucks. I've seen some on Craigslist in my area without tires which makes it tempting to buy them.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Apparently the older Chevy truck wheels look good on Kia Sedona minivans.

Yes...the only minivan to use 6-lug wheels!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Does a Chevy uplander count as a minivan?
2005-chevrolet-uplander-8.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asand1
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Does a Chevy uplander count as a minivan?
2005-chevrolet-uplander-8.jpg

Yep, the Uplander and other badge-engineered cousins also use 6-lug hubs, along with my Sedona. Completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Yep, the Uplander and other badge-engineered cousins also use 6-lug hubs, along with my Sedona. Completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Unnecessary, yes. But it was probably cheaper / easier for them to make, as they probably already had a 6 lug hub that would be an easy fit into the rest of the design.

I've seen an older (E35 series??) BMW 5 series 'estate' (wagon) with early C4 Vette 'disc'/turbine style (16x8.5s, I believe) on it, of all things.

Even though the bolt pattern is only a few fractions of a millimeter off between the two (larger on the Vette wheels), that was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back