First run at reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I went and cycled through the first 50 rounds of brass that I've ever reloaded.

They all went 'bang' and the pistol stayed in one piece. I guess I did it correctly... no stovepipes either.

It all felt pretty good, so I think I'll load a few hundred more, just to be sure.
grin.gif
After that, then I'll do a thousand or so.

What caliber? Handloading is addicting. I load for 9 different calibers from 9mm to 458 Lott.

In my younger years was an avid reloader. Made my own bullets from old wheel weights, etc.

Shot mainly 45 ACP, 44 Mag, 357/38 and some 9 MM.

Started out simple and ended up with a Dillon press that will really crank them out.

Still do some shooting but not much anymore.

You will not save any money reloading as you will end shooting a lot more! But, you can't put a price on the fun you will have!

20 ga. Must've reloaded 10,000 rounds with my Lyman Easy.
My pistol friends stress cleaning the primer bore. "No more misfires" is their claim. Kira

I've found shotgun reloading is the real money-saving way to reload, rather than handgun rounds. I can get federal or wwb for . 22 cents a round, so for me at least, it makes sense to buy factory loads vs reloading them.

Originally Posted By: Nyati
What caliber? Handloading is addicting. I load for 9 different calibers from 9mm to 458 Lott.
What? No .585 Nyati?????

Last edited:
Started reloading a few years back and love it, welcome to the club. Be warned though, it's like barbies for men. There's always just one more accessory you've got to have. Great fun. I've got about 300 lbs of wheel weights waiting to go.

I'm reloading for use in my 40 caliber Taurus 24/7 G2.

I'm using brass that was given to me, which was recovered from an indoor gun range. For bullets, I'm using the copper plated Berry's, and for powder, it is Winchester 231.

Good start! Just remember to keep to a routine, and if you find yourself "drifting", then stop and come back some other time. I've loaded about 2k rounds of 40, using Berry's plated with very good results. If you buy HP bullets for SD (pick your favorite brand) you can load ammo for less than half of factory. Plated will allow you to get to about half the price of practice ammo. To my mind, the economic benefit is real; but the psychological benefit of knowing you have "enough" for 50 boxes of ammo is priceless.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

I'm reloading for use in my 40 caliber Taurus 24/7 G2.

I'm using brass that was given to me, which was recovered from an indoor gun range. For bullets, I'm using the copper plated Berry's, and for powder, it is Winchester 231.

Good choice on bullets and powder. What kind of reloader are u using?

Welcome to the club! Wait till you start making loads better than the factories offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back