Honda wants to do an..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed my CR-V has been consuming oil, and is now about 1/2 quart low in 5k miles, not a bid deal at all, but they want to do a complimentary oil change this week for me. My oil % is only at 50%, so i am assuming they will be resetting my monitor, no idea what will happen to the other codes such as tire rotation, etc. Anyway, Is this normal, or is my dealership being over-cautious?

Do you have a silent recall?
Did you tell them you were at 50% on the olm?

Sounds like an upsell.

What miles are you at WITH THE OLM AT 50% ? IS the engine noisy? Did you have a SUB ZERO WINTER?

Last edited:
1/2 quart in 5k miles is well within any mfr's specs. Take the oil change and run.

Will this be as part of an oil consumption test?

Originally Posted By: 29662
1/2 quart in 5k miles is well within any mfr's specs. Take the oil change and run.

+1. I would not consider 1/2 qt in 5K as consuming oil. That's pretty good.

I would take the free oil change offer, if tire rotation is free at dealer I will do that too. I would ask them to reset the OLM, the negative with reset OLM at 50% is you are shorten other maintenance such as engine and cabin air filters, brake fluid, trans fluid ...

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: 29662

+1. I would not consider 1/2 qt in 5K as consuming oil. That's pretty good.

I agree. But It doesn't hurt to document it anyhow.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
wITH CHEAP kENDALL NON SYNTHETIC? nO WAY.

I thought you could pee into a Honda engine and it would run to 897,533 miles.

Surely Kendall isn't an issue?

Yes, I told them and she said "That sounds like when it should need it.." in reference to every about 5k.

My 1.5 was toast at 40K. Bad gas and poordesigned valvetrain.
Honda have always be junk for me. But I've only had three Honda out of seventy cars of the half century.

To the point:
why change out a premium oil to put in cheap oil for NO REASON WHTASOEVER. Alsowhy would the dealer promote this "deal" other than possible upsale of other services?

Poor logic on this forum.

You don't have a consumption issue.

Very Silly.

Typically an oil change is done by a dealer in these circumstances in order to begin a monitoring process from a known starting point. Ask the dealer if this is their intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back