Toyota recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not so new, my GF's 2012 Corolla caught on fire due to fuel pump pressure leak.
15.gif

Honestly a sick little part if me savors a recall for the 2015 owners. My '13 has had several Recalls and or TSB's. HVAC leak into the AIRBAG module BENEATH it, transmission severe shudders related to Toyota miscommunication to the supplier, windshield washer/turn signal stalk that shorts out due to 'manufacturing type damage'.

Now before some superhero of facts posts...yes, I know a TSB isn't the same as a recall. But how about the fact the the TSB is for a shuddering torque converter which has had it's third TSB in 7 years for the same problems and each TSB claimed that design changes had been made. That's a pretty core part of the drive train to be TSB three times over and fails many times in the initial 30k miles.

Point being, someone else is getting a few problems and I get to step aside. Call me sick but this morning it isn't my car. I get to walk out to the smelly vents and shuddering transmission and turn signal stalk failure on my year and a half old car and drive to work enjoying my $22k purchase of Toyita reliability.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Honestly a sick little part if me savors a recall for the 2015 owners. My '13 has had several Recalls and or TSB's. HVAC leak into the AIRBAG module BENEATH it, transmission severe shudders related to Toyota miscommunication to the supplier, windshield washer/turn signal stalk that shorts out due to 'manufacturing type damage'.

Now before some superhero of facts posts...yes, I know a TSB isn't the same as a recall. But how about the fact the the TSB is for a shuddering torque converter which has had it's third TSB in 7 years for the same problems and each TSB claimed that design changes had been made. That's a pretty core part of the drive train to be TSB three times over and fails many times in the initial 30k miles.

Point being, someone else is getting a few problems and I get to step aside. Call me sick but this morning it isn't my car. I get to walk out to the smelly vents and shuddering transmission and turn signal stalk failure on my year and a half old car and drive to work enjoying my $22k purchase of Toyita reliability.

Sell it.

Almost every single one of your posts is about the hatred for your car and Toyota, so just sell it!

Be done with it! Buy a car you enjoy!

Honestly a sick little part if me savors a recall for the 2015 owners.

Nice. That made me laugh.

Model and year please?

Originally Posted By: philipp10

Model and year please?

2013 Camry SE 4cyl I4 2.5L. 6 speed automatic U760E, 27k miles bought new,

Originally Posted By: hypervish

Sell it.

Almost every single one of your posts is about the hatred for your car and Toyota, so just sell it!

Be done with it! Buy a car you enjoy!

No says I didn't enjoy it. Lol. Sell it says a guy with a car which was the last years they made a rock solid product. Thanks for the advice.

The ignition switch won't kill you.

Sure, take a several $k loss to dump a problem which is what many Camry owners are suffering. You must be a financial advisor and marriage counselor. I'd hate to be a crime victim and have you explain how I should have worn less sexy clothes.

Sure, take a several $k loss to dump a problem which is what many Camry owners are suffering. You must be a financial advisor and marriage counselor. I'd hate to be a crime victim and have you explain how I should have worn less sexy clothes.

Have you pursued relief through lemon law?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Selling the Camry might not make sense for you, but if it stops all the complaining...

But then we would start over with another 300 whining posts. Don't think there is a car out there that would make Chump happy.

Hold on here, what are we talking about... 2500 Rav4 EV's? Has anyone here even SEEN this vehicle? That's a pretty rare CUV, I'm sure it was built solely to meet California's requirements on producing ZEV/PEV vehicles in order to be allowed to sell gas powered vehicles.

These low production Electric vehicles from every maker have a TERRIBLE reputation record. Recalls and TSB's abound on these stinkers, and manufacturers steer sales into fleets where they can get the record of sale and then take them out of service after a few years. FCA president Marchionne asked consumers NOT to buy his 500e electric compliance car: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/21/chrsyelr-ceo-evs-idUSL1N0O71MS20140521

Not defending Toyota per se, but honestly this recall, or any other recall dealing with any low production Cali spec Electric Vehicle has very little to do with the overall manufacturer quality that real consumers see.

As for the rest of the discussion...

I have a sure-fire strategy for dealing with nagging little problems. I get them fixed. Usually, the satisfaction of driving a fully operational vehicle outweighs the painful cost of fixing it.

I also save the receipts, so if there is a recall, I can get my money back.

Only one vehicle, a Ford, ever wore me out with its ability to break faster than I could fix it. If that happens again, I'll dump it sooner than I did before.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Selling the Camry might not make sense for you, but if it stops all the complaining...

But then we would start over with another 300 whining posts. Don't think there is a car out there that would make Chump happy.

Ever heard any core complaints about my '13 Corolla? Nope. Hey, I didn't make the car , I didn't put an airbag module under the leaky HVAC unit, i didn't make a torque converter too weak despite 7 years of proven problems. But hey blame me. It's so inappropriate of me to want better engineering. So inappropriate of me.

It's so inappropriate of me to want better engineering.

You have two productive paths forward: live with it and find something cheerful to say, or sell/trade it for something different. You have a number of unproductive paths forward, and taking any of them will likely serve only to deepen your dissatisfaction with your car.

Ooooommmmmmmm. Ooooommmmmmmm

Hey guys I lovey Camry and everything's fine! Have a great day. And you Ann Perkins are litrily the best ever. Toyota spent millions on development And testing and litrily did a perfect job on the car. Let's go jog with unicorns!

Ooooommmmmmmm. Ooooommmmmmmm

Hey guys I lovey Camry and everything's fine! Have a great day. And you Ann Perkins are litrily the best ever. Toyota spent millions on development And testing and litrily did a perfect job on the car. Let's go jog with unicorns!

Serenity Now!

(Sorry couldn't resist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back