Liqui Moly MoS2 anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used it. I can't say if it is of benefit or not. I used it in my avalanche prior to towing. In a light high reving engine, i don't know if there is benefit. I have not heard of harm from this product. It does seem slow to settle out and does go back into suspenstion easily, at least from my observations in a clear oil bottle in my garage over a month. My main concern is wether you could get deposits in between the 1st and second rings , especially in newer engines where the ring land is up high on the piston.

Many here use it. Mobil 1 has some Moly in it but this will boost the levels to what Redline oils have. The military and aviation swears by it. So go now and buy a can and use half each OCI.

Can this be purchased locally? So far I have only found it online. Any major chains carry this product?

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Can this be purchased locally? So far I have only found it online. Any major chains carry this product?

Napa usually has this.

I use it and have found it beneficial. It really smoothed out my engine at higher RPMs, reduced oil consumption from almost nothing to absolutely nothing and possibley slightly increased fuel economy.
I have 2/3 bottle in my engine right now and I am going to do a UOA on this oil and then again in two oil changes time without MoS2 to give it a chance to leave the system. This should help show whether it has the anti wear properties it claims!

Here's how MoS² has worked on a old diesel.

After 30 / 220 miles:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o188xwlfb7vcz16/resurs.jpeg?dl=0

After 9000 miles (there was one oil chance and new dose of MoS²):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmkn9ox2g5slokc/mos2.jpg?dl=0

It coats on friction surfaces and retains oil on itself, engine runs smoother but I'm not sure if there was any fuel economy benefit. It's hard to measure. 300 000 miles on that engine, no significant oil consumption before and after. I hope MoS² has given it some protection for winter cold starts ( -25 C / - 13 F :)).

Someone here claimed that MoS² shouldn't been used in modern engines, as it can mess needle bearings on cam rollers. Could be true.

Last edited:
For a ton of moly additive, go with Mobil 1 Racing 0w-30 oil, used a quart or a half-quart at a time in a sump to raise the moly level in a relatively balanced package:
Blackstone-E41615.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Great product for the right application. I have found that half a bottle in 5 quarts of a decent motor oil is all you need.

I used 1/3 bottle in Honda S2000 with 5 quarts sump and 1/2 bottle in E430 with 8.5 quarts sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back