The Whirly Bird did not catch the urn !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chute didn't open on the Genesis capsule.

Scientists are hopeful that they can salvage the experiment.

Launched in 2001 and returned today, both the same way, with a bang. I am with you, I hope the data can be retrived and not damaged. It will be interesting to monitor this.

dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Launched in 2001 and returned today, both the same way, with a bang. I am with you, I hope the data can be retrived and not damaged. It will be interesting to monitor this.

dunno.gif

-

Not likely
frown.gif

As the NASA spokesman said something like this this morning "under the previous head of NASA they were into cost cutting which really means cutting corners" Guess this is the result. No parachute or airfoil resulting from too much turbulence. Hope they get some data for the $300 mill spent.

I don't know if I'd trust the same fellas, who mixed up metric and avoirdupois, with a parachute.
tongue.gif

I don't know any details about this project, but just to lay a little layer of sarcasm on mori's post - with these guys, every once in awhile itsa forest and trees thing.....

They can guide some unmanned flying saucer back from the sun, pick the exact place for it to re-enter the atmosphere so as it will land in a spot with folks waiting and not burn up.......yet the shoots don't open......because Fred was peeing and someone forgot to drop his algorithm because it was just lowly air flow calcs...

(actually not true, these guys sweat parachute stuff big time.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back