What happened to motorking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping motorking would have commented on some of the ultra posts regarding flow but he does not seem to be around much lately...In the meantime i installed that fram ultra xg2 i bought on a 2001 3.0 v6 ford escape and so far so good although i filled the filter up with oil 5w20 pennzoil i had less start up noise than i usually do when i install a new filter. On this escape there is no gauge only an oil light and it seemed to go off just as fast as with the motorcraft and maybe a second faster. I will say screwing this ultra filter on seemed to fit perfectly. So good that i stopped screwing it on and backed it off and put the motorcraft back on to see and feel if it was in my head and the motorcraft was good but not as good as the fram. So far i like it.

FRAM decided they can get more product support and advertising from ZeeOSix and 901Memphis without even paying a dime.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
FRAM decided they can more product support and advertising from ZeeOSix and 901Memphis without even paying a dime.
laugh.gif

They say that a joke has to have a little bit of truth to it for it to be funny. Your statement was hilarious!

FRAM decided they can get more product support and advertising from ZeeOSix and 901Memphis without even paying a dime.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

happy2.gif
48.gif
36.gif

^^^ Yeah, me too ... I'm still waiting for my check and free Ultras.
laugh.gif
But, I guess Fram would have to pay quite a few guys who mention it way more than I do. Read my signature ...
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I was hoping motorking would have commented on some of the ultra posts regarding flow but he does not seem to be around much lately.

I've linked the thread about 3 different times where he gave the flow info and it was all digested and talked about.

Here it is again ... read from here --> Link

laugh.gif

That or he grew tired of constantly reading all of the lame jabs at FRAM and decided he had something better to do with his time.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
laugh.gif

That or he grew tired of constantly reading all of the lame jabs at FRAM and decided he had something better to do with his time.

My guess is this:
50% what you state
50% that when truly challenged with detailed, specific questions he struggled to give competent answers at times.

IMO he's good at this job. His job is to promote some knowledge flow while encouraging sales. He's a sales-tech; he's not an engineer in a manner that I can discern. I harbor no ill-will; he does his job well. Those that don't like him simply don't understand what his job is.

I, myself, have had to rethink my position on Fram, especially the OCOD. I used it exclusively when I was younger. Then I became fearful of the "cardboard" caps. Now, I understand that it's all a means to an end. Because I run longer OCIs, my new "go to" filter is the TG for $6 at W/M. Very hard to beat that for the long runs I do.

Why Jay has left the building is anyone's guess. I would prefer to think he's just tired of this, as opposed to being sickly or some other malady. Never wish that on anyone.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
50% that when truly challenged with detailed, specific questions he struggled to give competent answers at times.

I did not have that vibe as he always answered my questions behind the scenes--and was incredibly fast and diligent at doing so (though he may have been consulting engineers and that is fine by me). The fact that he, representing FRAM, even came onto the board in whatever capacity, speaks volumes about the company itself. While the seriousness of the Purolator tearing issues is subjective and debatable, what is not debatable is the "vapor-ware" attitude of Purolator--where is their rep (in any capacity)? For better or worse, no matter what was slung at him, at least Jay did attempt to answer any and all questions.

Exactly 2010 FX4. IMO he was an asset to the board, and very helpful. He wasn't an engineer, but given a little time he could consult one if needed.

At least Fram made an attempt here, that's more than I can say about Purolator with their recent history. I guess ignoring their issues was the path they took. As a result they lost my business to Fram.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4

... The fact that he, representing FRAM, even came onto the board in whatever capacity, speaks volumes about the company itself. While the seriousness of the Purolator tearing issues is subjective and debatable, what is not debatable is the "vapor-ware" attitude of Purolator--where is their rep (in any capacity)? For better or worse, no matter what was slung at him, at least Jay did attempt to answer any and all questions.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Exactly 2010 FX4. IMO he was an asset to the board, and very helpful. He wasn't an engineer, but given a little time he could consult one if needed.

At least Fram made an attempt here, that's more than I can say about Purolator with their recent history. I guess ignoring their issues was the path they took. As a result they lost my business to Fram.

Bingo,

I don't know why he put up with the hate thrown at him here as long as he did. He's been absent for periods of time in the past, so he may yet be back, but If he isn't I'd wager he is simply fed up with the idiocy.

He asked nicely if we could just refer to the orange can by its proper name and not the derogatory vernacular and BITOG couldn't even give him that little concession.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I completely agree with this entire post. I enjoyed Motorking's posts, personally. I appreciated his insight, especially compared to Purolator's head-in-the-sand approach.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I was hoping motorking would have commented on some of the ultra posts regarding flow but he does not seem to be around much lately...In the meantime i installed that fram ultra xg2 i bought on a 2001 3.0 v6 ford escape and so far so good although i filled the filter up with oil 5w20 pennzoil i had less start up noise than i usually do when i install a new filter. On this escape there is no gauge only an oil light and it seemed to go off just as fast as with the motorcraft and maybe a second faster. I will say screwing this ultra filter on seemed to fit perfectly. So good that i stopped screwing it on and backed it off and put the motorcraft back on to see and feel if it was in my head and the motorcraft was good but not as good as the fram. So far i like it.
Some real science here.

I suspect he'll be back. Work, life, family, vacations, etc.... they all interfere with BITOG time after a while. :)

I hope Motorking is well.

I do have to admit his posts were generally fine and helpful.

I always thought he should have become a site sponsor instead of lurking around like a regular member.

But it was all the sycophants clustered around him that were the problem.

Maybe all this [censored] kissing will bring him back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back