Auto Extras 618-51372 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter is off of a 2009 Ford F250 5.4 3V..187k on engine...6200 miles on this filter and Mobil 1 15w50....we run thick oil in this one engine to keep the phasers quiet and the engine running smoothly when hot...it has had phaser issues in the past and 1 rocker arm/follwer replaced do to a siezed roller tip....that was approx 35k ago...the thick oil is a crutch but it runs good this way and is clean inside.

Who makes this filter? I can't tell as there are no photos of the inlet holes; that's usually a good tell-tale sign of who makes the thing.

That is a crummy looking filter. Nothing screams "quality" like auto extra huh? Anyway, thanks for the cut and post OP.

Last edited:
That is a Wix made entry level filter. It held together but they are not a very good choice for longer OCI's IMO, they are intended for the 3-4k OCI crowd. At least that is the way Napa advertises them, their Silver line is like the one pictured.

O'Reilly Microgards and Napa ProSelects are the same thing.

Yep...econo wix/napa pro select/silver/oriellys...
I say I got my $2.17 worth but I only have 2 left...here is the place I get them...gonna try some premium guard/chinese driveworks look alikes next..I cut a few small ones open awhile back and they look good...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back