Sinn watch prices - US vs. Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I think a few folks on here have Sinn watches. Im interested in the 356 Sa PILOT II with a silicone band.

Ive seen conflicting reviews that the prices can be cheaper if bought direct in Germany, though VAT and duty come into play too.

Any first-hand experiences?

Hello, Find out if Germany still has the VAT refund for tourists.
Items above a certain amount and room VAT usually qualified.
Your $2,100 watch certainly qualifies as you'd be using it outside the country.
Do you know anybody going there?
You'd be presenting it for examination at your point of exit.

Questions of duty? Maybe Customs has a website. Kira

It can be cheaper depending on the exchange rate. You can get the the MwSt back when you leave the country, When you buy it ask for a MwSt refund form from the seller (no problem they all have them).
Go to customs at the airport and they will stamp it for you, then they send you a check.

I buy mostly used watches, there are a lot of good buys. No beaters some are only a year old or leftovers with all papers and boxes from places like Wempe.
Its luck of the draw though whats available, sometimes i find nothing other times i score.
My Ebels were NOS, when Ebel left the mens luxury automatic sector they had a couple of high end models that went for much less than market value. I own them both for less than the price they are worth in gold scrap.

I am going to buy this one this year, i will buy it new right from the maker.