Do you collect anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than broken hearts, enemies and friends, and money, I mean.

There is of course the question at what point do you become a collector? For the sake of being a bit exclusive, let's set a lower limit of ten pieces of one kind of item that you already own, or that you inted to own eventually. For example, I collect belt buckles, or rather belt plates, which I also wear. I like the ones that have simple graphics, and I am rather fond of vintage belt plates made by an American company called BTS.

What do you collect, and do you use the things you collect, or ar they merely display pieces?

hotwheels

By that definition (10 or more) I have been a motor oil and filter collector since I joined BITOG. Spring is almost here, though.

Swiss Army knives and tube type communications gear...Collins, Drake, Hammerlund, ect. I also collect tools, never having the right one.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Does collecting oil and oil filters count ?

I guess if you display the bottles and filterst, if you derive pleasure from gazing at them and/or from handling them, sure it counts.

hotwheels

Beer bottles...That reminds me...I got to return these back to the store to get my 10 cent deposit.

Beer bottle caps. They will never be worth anything, but they look good in a jar.
21.gif

Old Sheffield English knifes, Shaving Razors, GUNS as in Rifle & Handgun no shotguns, watches, Bulova, Citizen, Tag Heuer, etc., etc.

I used to collect guns. I had my house burn to the ground back in 06 and I lost everything. After that I tend not to collect anything.

-Sand from places I've traveled, or where family has traveled.
-Double Edge Safety razors.
-HeroClix (modern strategy based table top game with figures/characters from Marvel and DC).
-World of Warcraft (collectors editions,art books, music cds).
-Authentic autographed posters/cds/records of my favorite bands.
-Knives. Guns. Mace. Random self defense items.
-And most recently I got my first tattoo and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back